Zildjian ZXT Titanium

Irish

I bought these awhile ago and I haven't been too impressed. The sound of the crash is alright, but the ride is just ungodly. The hi-hat isn't bad, but overall the sound of these cymbals are just terrible. Does anyone else agree with me?

brian

i think most people on hear will agree with you, when they made those it was a dark day for zildjian

Irish

brian":2iftm4qr said:
i think most people on hear will agree with you, when they made those it was a dark day for zildjian
I sure wish I can trade them away. heh

Irish

brian":3co14gy6 said:
you could con the guy at a pawn shop with them lol! or you could put them on ebay! 8)
I heard Guitar Center is offering nothing for them. It looks like I'm out alot of money. :cry:

The Heel

Put them on Ebay and pray you find a sucker to take these off of your hands... or put them on your practice set. You can also plug the hole in the middle and use them at Superbowl parties to put dip chips in.

Some guys make clocks out them.

Some guys use them as frisbies.

Just dont use them as recording cymbals.

Cymbals are just another case of "You get what you pay for". Outside of a few Wuhan chinas I've never found myself happy with buying cheap cymbals. They're just junk. I'm not saying you have to buy the most expensive cymbals out there... just find something you like in the mid-range prices and go with it. And never buy ZXTs again.

Irish

The Heel":1sulu7bx said:
Put them on Ebay and pray you find a sucker to take these off of your hands... or put them on your practice set. You can also plug the hole in the middle and use them at Superbowl parties to put dip chips in.

Some guys make clocks out them.

Some guys use them as frisbies.

Just dont use them as recording cymbals.

Cymbals are just another case of "You get what you pay for". Outside of a few Wuhan chinas I've never found myself happy with buying cheap cymbals. They're just junk. I'm not saying you have to buy the most expensive cymbals out there... just find something you like in the mid-range prices and go with it. And never buy ZXTs again.
I will take your advice and use it. The only reason I bought them is because I thought they looked cool, they were new and I wanted to show off to people. The only people who praised them were the people who had no idea about drums. I bought them off of Musician's friend, so I had never heard them. I figure next time I'll go to a music shop, play the cymbals and then purchase them for much cheaper over at Musician's Friend.

What do you think of these?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ ... sku=440136

The Heel

You're not going to go wrong with AAX, as you wouldnt with Zildian A Custom's or the Istanbul equivalents or Paiste brand.

You've just got to find what you like. Try them out at a local drum shop. Also keep your eyes open on Ebay once you figure out what cymbal brand and make you like. You'll find some wild deals over there if you look hard enough.

Good luck.

phil-drummer

i wish zildjian wud lower the pirces of their gud cymbals , zbt and zxt are the only cymbals u can buy in bulk for me and their not that gud, this is a shame cuz i would like my cymbals to last more than a few years

wombat_drums

i own a zxt titanium china that sounds great but, i'lll agree that the rest of the line arent to crash hot. (no pun intended)

Sprocket

the titaniums are shit. i bought a 20 inch ride, 14 inch mediun-thin crash, 16 inch thin crash, 14 inch hi hats, 16 inch china, and a 12 inch splash and i shit you not, every single one either cracked or broke withing a six month period, including that beastly ride. if you want damn good sound and great quality, go with the Sabian AA Rock Custom line. hard as hell to find, but if you do manage to find a full set of them, pick them up. it costs quite a bit, but it is worth it. i've been beating those things to hell for about two years now and theres not so much as a dent in a single one of them.

-Sprocket

Guy&i

dude! i believe u shouldnt get the sabians AAX pack.
sabian AAX r awsome cymbals... BUT when u get them in a pack u dont get the chance to hear them individualy. even 2 identical cymbals (same size, thick, series) will sound a bit different, thats why u have to listen to every single cymbal u buy before u buy it.
otherwise ur giving dissapointment a way into ur soul.
a friend of mine got a pack like that and he only used the ride cuz the hihats had weird overtones and the crash was wwwaaaayyyy too loud than he had expected...

try to see if u can hear every cymbal in the pack or re-arrange the pack with cymbals from that series uve already heard and played on.

Best of Luck!

nickbaldwin

phil-drummer":87k552k5 said:
i wish zildjian wud lower the pirces of their gud cymbals , zbt and zxt are the only cymbals u can buy in bulk for me and their not that gud, this is a shame cuz i would like my cymbals to last more than a few years
Thats what I dont like about Zildjian. Their cymbals are either high end or low end, no intermediate (well theres the ZHT now, I've heard good things about them but never got to play them).

But dude, it really is worth spending more money to get one ace cymbal than it is spending the same amount on 4 or 5 awful cymbals.

MrMcFetus

I have a the ZXT Ti. line, I've had the splash, ride, crash, and hats for almost a year now.
The splash hasn't cracked, but it dent so bad that it's made it a new cymbal.
the ride sucks
The crash sucks
But I am very impressed with the high hats, nice and crisp for the quality of the cymbals.

Neko

Just out of cuoriosity how much do you pay for Zildjians?
this is what I pay'ed for some of mine. was I jiped?
Armand ride 280.00
13" A mastersound hat's pair300.00
16" A custom crash 180.00
18" A custom fast crash210.00
For starters of what I pay .
What do they charge in Europe and other part's of the U.S?

dougthedrummer

I have the titaniums.I like the hats,and splash.The ride and crash on the other hand are horrible.I am just saving my money,and waiting for the right time to spring it on my wife I want new cymbals.I plan on keeping the hats,and splash though.Maybe use the hats as a remote set of hats.

uncoatedtitan

Sprocket":apcb9945 said:
...if you want damn good sound and great quality, go with the Sabian AA Rock Custom line. hard as hell to find, but if you do manage to find a full set of them, pick them up. it costs quite a bit, but it is worth it. i've been beating those things to hell for about two years now and theres not so much as a dent in a single one of them.

-Sprocket
I agree with Sprocket on the Sabian AA line. I own a pair of AA hats and they're amazing. Also, they're a little more expensive, but I have Sabian HHX Evolution crashes that are absolutely phenominal in both live and recording scenarios. You may want to check those out as well.

Joey Spurlock
Fall of Apollyon
www.foarock.com