• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• No Opinion

• Total voters

Drummerjew

Does anyone know where I could get a pack of Zildjian ZXT Titanium Cymbals...because zildjian doesn't make them anymore and the only music store is out of stock. So could anyone help me out?

anavrinIV

save yourself the money and anguish and start buying just about anything else, if youre looking specifically at zildjian then check out a customs.

zxt titaniums are thick, gongy, completely unmusical, loud, and highly obnoxious to listen to. if you havent heard them yet then i would tell you to buy anything else made by a big company, be it zbts, zhts, b8s, b8 pros, pst3s, pst5s, mcs, whatever. just dont get zxts.

break the prism

the only perk to buying zxt titaniums is that they won't break as easily as regular zxts. you'd be much better off with a normal medium or high end zildjian series. the titaniums' sound is almost completely dead after the first month or two of playing them.

but if you ant, you can get em from musician's friend.

nickbaldwin

ZHT, same sorta price, much better sound.

Or of course Meinl Classics, very good for the price, and Amun aswell, just a rung above the Classics.

Drummerjew

I have heard the sound of ZXTs and I love it. The only reason why I want to get them is because they are for rock drumming and they would sound awsome w/ my set. Thanx for the comments they really helped!

shanemunzert

yea the zxt titaniums are pretty great. i really enjoy the crashes and splashes for live perforamances. not the best sounding cymbals for the studio, but i would recommend them for live performances.

drummert2k

they look great and dont sound bad, but unless you like to polish your cymbals after every show, these might be a bit high mantianence. they show finger prints and markings really bad. also sound a little too "bronzie" for my liking, but i like really crisp, bright cymbals. and these are more geared toward rock type stuff.

Scott_Hurford

If u decide to buy these cymbals. DONT use Zildjian cymbal clearner on them, or any other for tht matter. It tends to ruin the cymbals' finish.

The cymbals overall sound pretty decent in my opinion but the sound gets abit tirering after a while, saving up for the higher end stuff like A Custom, Avedis, K etc... would be a much better investment, My Opinion of course.

DevintheGreig

personally i would kick the ZXT's altogether, that is unless youre going to just get the transformer, man that thing has the best trash sound ever!

MasterShake89

stay away from the zxt titaniums, get normal zxts before that. but id reccomend a series and a customs if u have the money.

Scott_Hurford

DevintheGreig":16lrqul3 said:
personally i would kick the ZXT's altogether, that is unless youre going to just get the transformer, man that thing has the best trash sound ever!
Yeah i totally agree with you, the Trashformer is the best thing about Zxt :wink: An awsome sound from tht cymbal

PDP9000

my friend has a set of thoes and there horrible i think you just save your money and wait a while until you can get some A customs or Z-customs :D :D

Brack

My buddy also has a set of the ZXT Titanium and I didn't care for their sound at all. Sure, they look nice at first, but they are like a wooden deck. They look nice and cherry at first ,but after a few months of beating they start showing their wear and tear pretty quick.