zildjian zxt or sabian b8? I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

which ones?

• zxt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • b8

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

metalhead94

ok, so i found 2 cymbal packs on musiciansfriend both for $300, one zxt, the other b8.

the zxt's are-20"medium ride, 14" thin and 16" & 18" meduim thin crashes and 14" solid hi-hats

the b8's are-20" ride, 14" & 16" thin crashes, an 18" meduim crash, 14" hi-hats, and a 10" splash

which ones?

Assback

I'm guessing you're upgrading and just want as many cymbals as you can get for cheap right? Go with the Zildjians. I think they sound alright, nothing special. but the B8's I've played thoroughly before and they sound like crap to me. Just my opinion. Either way, either's gonna get replaced for better ones eventually. I say go with Zildjian ZBT. They're a little cheaper and I think they sound better than the two you mentioned. At GC you can get a 20 ride, 18 china, 16 crash and 14 hi hats for about $200. Sam Ash you get the same things for the same price but an 18 crash instead of the china. I've been playing my ZBTs for years and they've done me well.

tom_beasts91

i just skipped the cheap crap and gradually bought the better ones. they took took longer to aquire because they are an ass-load of money, but it's much better than blowing off ur money on b8 or zxts

Homki890

B8's could last a nuclear war, they are so tough. I'd go with them, they're not bad sounding out of the box, and they will last the time it takes to get money for better cymbals. They sound starts to deteriorate after about 6 years of consistent playing. Then, they make really good rivet cymbals.

Homki890

OnusPro

tom_beasts91":15i3rolm said:
i just skipped the cheap crap and gradually bought the better ones. they took took longer to aquire because they are an ass-load of money, but it's much better than blowing off ur money on b8 or zxts
Agreed. As I said previously, cheap sheet bronze cymbals are nothing but a waste of money. I advise people to steer clear of them entirely. Look, drumming is an expensive undertaking and one has to be prepared to shell out some cash to get decent satisfaction out of the experience. I know for me, when I play cheap stuff, it just lowers my enjoyment level. I'd rather pay more for quality equipment.