Zildjian ZBT

drumsforlife

Am I the only one who hasn't had any problems with ZBTs? I know they're a cheaper line, and most of my cymbals are ZBTs except for the one ZXT, but I haven't broken or cracked any of them. I think they sound decent enough for recording and playing live. That was just bothering me for some reason.

drummer912

i think there are certanly better cymbals out, but most ppl (like me) just dont have $800 dollars to spend on all the cymbals they want. ive never really played b8s, but i use Paiste PST5 and i like um. of course i am saving up to get Sabian AAXs tho.

PDP9000

there on my practice set most of my ZBT lasted me about a year but there a really good to have on your set

drumsforlife

Oh, don't get me wrong - I meant to add this in the original post...I'm not saying I don't want to save up and get some new cymbals. I want some Zildjians As, and I like Sabian's splashes(Mainly the max stax from Mike Portnoy and The Paragon from Neil Peart) And I'm also planning on grabbing a wuhan 12" china. It's just that I read a lot on here hhow others just go out on a limb and think just because somebody uses ZBT they're cheap. I'm actually trying to be smart about it and eventually replace the ZBTs I have now witha bit better quality(doesn't have to be super expensive, just nice sound) and I'll end up incorporating my ZBTs into effects set-ups and whatnot. What do you think?

drumsforlife

PDP9000":2zku4moo said:
there on my practice set most of my ZBT lasted me about a year but there a really good to have on your set
I've had mine for 6 years - no cracks, no breaks...and I've played punk, hardcore, and metal. Familiar with the band Dragon Force? We did a cover of "Fury of the Storm" that sounded pretty decent with only the single kick. I rode my ZBT crash most of the way through the song. It was great. But yea, no cracks, no breaks...

cafkeb

I don't really care for them. The ride is too heavy for me and has a long sustain...
They're cheap though, but i prefer Paiste universal PST5.

Olie_Mapex

Dude I effing love my zbt's! i know they're cheep but i like the sound, dont get me wrong i would prefer z or a customs but im a poor white boi drummer from south town, and they get the job done. its the sound im looking for for now and pretty much all thats in my price range zildjian wise. i would love to upgrade some time, but i need a better job first. so yeah im not cheep im just trying to be smart with out gettin a reaming. i will (after upgrade) incorporate at least the splash's and china from the zbt like with what ever i end up with. but for now its all i can do.

Olie_Mapex

maybe it's just me, but i think they sound pretty good when recorded. yet again i like their sound...so it just might be me. if i can find the recording ill uplode it to my myspace music profile ill let yuh know wen i get around to that.

drumsforlife

xdoseonex":3a4ecplp said:
its all preference, i just really dont htink they record well
I agree. All preference. ZBTs, when recorded, can produce unwanted overtones, and can come across a little too washy. However, seeing as I have 14" crash, 18" crash/ride, 13" hats, and 18" china that are all ZBT, I have to say that the 14" crash, when recorded, has a rather fast decay, providing for a nice punch that sounds decent enough. It's not professional quality by any means, but for demo work and for a drummer on a budget, ZBTs work just fine.

killdrum1983

drumsforlife":37cgf11b said:
Am I the only one who hasn't had any problems with ZBTs? I know they're a cheaper line, and most of my cymbals are ZBTs except for the one ZXT, but I haven't broken or cracked any of them. I think they sound decent enough for recording and playing live. That was just bothering me for some reason.
I have them also since 6 months now and still haven't had a problem. And before i used to break a lot of cymbals.

drumsforlife

Well I can understand maybe cracking or breaking a cheap cymbal or just a cymbal period if you're a drummer that plays in a band who plays mostly hardccore or metal or punk and you ride your crash through entire songs. That's understandable. I'm just not that hard of a hitter when I play. So I guess that can explain why mine have lasted for six years, and before that I have no clue because I bought them used. That's right...used. Go figure.

drumsforlife

I'm actually thinking of keeping my 13" zbt hats in my set up. I've played a lot of different sets of hats including models from paiste, sabian, and better zildjian lines, but my 13" ZBT hats sound exactly like I think hats should sound. If I don't end up keeping them in my set-up, I'll at least keep them around for practice.

Rob the Drummer

I prefer the ZXT to the ZBT. I was impressed with the ZXT ride, hats, and splash. However, the ZBT are way better than the old Scimitar....remember those???

iatemygoat

after about 6 years im still using my ZBTPlus ride. cracked the cymbal pretty quick and the high hats lasted a a long time too. im actually using them on one of my practice kits. great starter kit that will last fairly long in my opinion.

xdoseonex

i have a zbt splashn on my second kit, it kinda sounds like crap, my 16" zbt crash doesnt sound that horrible tho