Zildjian K Hybrids...

Asdex

I have the 11" splash and I just love them!!!! They just sound amazing! I'm going to buy the 13.25" Hi-hat very soon.

i have the 20 inch ride.

my feelings are mixed:

it's a shitty ride. the bell is terrible. it's really wimpy and washy. i guess it'd be good for jazz or maybe other light applications.

it's good as a crash though... seriously. i bought this and a 20 inch K crash / ride at the same time and this has a better crash than the crash / ride.

shanemunzert

sarcasmsetyourhouseonfire":280mutji said:
i have the 20 inch ride.

my feelings are mixed:

it's a shitty ride. the bell is terrible. it's really wimpy and washy. i guess it'd be good for jazz or maybe other light applications.

it's good as a crash though... seriously. i bought this and a 20 inch K crash / ride at the same time and this has a better crash than the crash / ride.
essentially what i use it for, jazz and crashing.

shanemunzert":285vneeb said:
sarcasmsetyourhouseonfire":285vneeb said:
i have the 20 inch ride.

my feelings are mixed:

nice.

but as far as this being a well rounded, all application cymbal, it fails.

would you agree?

rufus4dagruv

sarcasmsetyourhouseonfire":zpc1yst8 said:
shanemunzert":zpc1yst8 said:
sarcasmsetyourhouseonfire":zpc1yst8 said:
i have the 20 inch ride.

my feelings are mixed:

nice.

would you agree?
I don't know if versatility is the goal of this particular cymbal. I do not own one, but I have played them. Just because a cymbal is not "well rounded," does not necessarily mean it's a failure. Istanbul K Zildjians have sold for thousands of $$$ and they are anything but versatile.

rufus4dagruv":5f0ta5w5 said:
I don't know if versatility is the goal of this particular cymbal. I do not own one, but I have played them. Just because a cymbal is not "well rounded," does not necessarily mean it's a failure. Istanbul K Zildjians have sold for thousands of $$$ and they are anything but versatile.
totally agreed.

like i said, this failed as a ride for me, but it's a pretty sweet crash. i read sone stuff about these cymbals prior to purchasing one and a lot of what i read touted the bells as being really great... to me at least, they were really weak.

shanemunzert

sarcasmsetyourhouseonfire":3t2mjhib said:
shanemunzert":3t2mjhib said:
sarcasmsetyourhouseonfire":3t2mjhib said:
i have the 20 inch ride.

my feelings are mixed:

nice.

would you agree?
i wouldnt call it a failure, no i doubt i would use it as my main rock ride but i use it as a crash ride for rock and i gotta say i bought what i wanted and am quite pleased with it.

ZaQ[MTG]

I have the 19in Hybrid crash and the 20in ride. they compliment each other perfectly. they are some of the best sounding cymbals i've ever had with my kit. the match my other Ks perfectly too.

iwchoi

I have the 17/19 inch crashes. I love them. I use them for alternative rock, jazz, and gospel. They are amazing. they're amazingly crisp yet filling at the same time and their volume is easily controled by the drummer. though k's are supposed to be "darker" cymbals, they go very well with the rest of my brighter ones, they are amazing. Buy them. they are expensive, but well worth the money.

Rob Crisp

I tried out some of the new 13 1/2 inch K Custom Hybid hats on Thursday. I would've bought them there and then if I had the cash on me. Gorgeous for funky and jazzy applications. :D

a7xjlee

i just tried out the 13" k hybrid hats omfg they are so nice very very crisp and i think could be used widely from jazz to rock and anything in between! but thats my opinion ^.^