zildjian K customs.....or.......Sabian AAX

Linderizzle yo!

wich sould i go after the zildjian K customs, or the sabian AAX...not judging by the price .......by sound i want a good metal sound ......but then all around amazing cymbals.

anavrinIV

those are 2 completely different styles of cymbals and you have to decide for yourself. i would go for aaxs. i have aaxs and love them. ive also played some great k customs (the best zildjian cymbals available imo). its all about preference. aax will probably suit metal a little better but dont count anything out.

phoenix7289

AAXs are MADE for metal. K Customs aren't really, I haven't heard about to many Zildjian K Custom players being metal players.

screamkevin

If you're looking at Zildjians for metal, you'll need to stay away from K Customs and look at Z Customs. Some metal cats are using K Custom Rides, but that's it. They are simply not made for the abuse that metal drummers deal out. Check out these lines:

Saluda Mist-X/Metal-X/Hybrid-X (I endorse 'em)
Sabian AAX/AA
Zildjian Z Custom
Meinl MB20/MB10
Istanbul Alchemy

phoenix7289

screamkevin":1luepgk2 said:
If you're looking at Zildjians for metal, you'll need to stay away from K Customs and look at Z Customs. Some metal cats are using K Custom Rides, but that's it. They are simply not made for the abuse that metal drummers deal out. Check out these lines:

Saluda Mist-X/Metal-X/Hybrid-X (I endorse 'em)
Sabian AAX/AA
Zildjian Z Custom
Meinl MB20/MB10
Istanbul Alchemy
Nice types ^_^