Zildjian Cymbal Pack

Howepirate

No, it's definitely not. Buying a cymbal pack means that your going to get a bunch of cymbals stuck in a box that have different sound, and tonal characteristics that may not compliment each other. I would suggest either A. Going to a store and trying before you buy (and not sticking to Zildjian) or B. Get a set of matched Saluda cymbals for about 200$ less and some other effects cymbals as well, if thats what u want.

Howepirate

SGarrett":lxdv1qb3 said:
Quite to the contrary. Cymbal packs are matched.
Really? Well then that could further my argument by saying: what if you don't like ANY of the cymbals becuase they're matched?? Hmm hmm?

michiganice91

Howepirate":52ovcaha said:
SGarrett":52ovcaha said:
Really? Well then that could further my argument by saying: what if you don't like ANY of the cymbals becuase they're matched?? Hmm hmm?
your a fucking dumbass anti-Zildjian idiot.. cuz u like sabian and saluda... Thats a great cymbal pack..and yes theyre all matched to sound well together. Go fuckiing wack off and stay out of this topic..cuz u give aweful advice. And to the starter of this topic..that cymbal pack is the same price anywhere..except for 1 person who was selling a bunch of them on ebay for $549.00

Howepirate

michiganice91":ikzcybiz said:
Howepirate":ikzcybiz said:
SGarrett":ikzcybiz said:
your a fucking dumbass anti-Zildjian idiot.. cuz u like sabian and saluda... Thats a great cymbal pack..and yes theyre all matched to sound well together. Go fuckiing wack off and stay out of this topic..cuz u give aweful advice. And to the starter of this topic..that cymbal pack is the same price anywhere..except for 1 person who was selling a bunch of them on ebay for $549.00
I'm not anti-zildjian, i have zildjian hats that are doing me very well. I'm anti-fanboys. Noob. Either way, you could get Saluda's that sound very very similar or even custom made for what you want them to sound like, for much much less than 549.00$

Brother_Bong

It is not a bad deal considering the list on just the hi-hats is prolly over $400.00. If these are what you want, go to the drum store, and try out what they have there. There should be minimal difference, if any between one 20in A custom and the next.

SGarrett

Howepirate":2uzf0b7o said:
I'm not anti-zildjian, i have zildjian hats that are doing me very well. I'm anti-fanboys. Noob. Either way, you could get Saluda's that sound very very similar or even custom made for what you want them to sound like, for much much less than 549.00$
Oh the ironing. :p

Bong":2uzf0b7o said:
It is not a bad deal considering the list on just the hi-hats is prolly over $400.00. If these are what you want, go to the drum store, and try out what they have there. There should be minimal difference, if any between one 20in A custom and the next.
Word. Zildjians are made for consistency in sound from one cymbal to the next. Which is a plus to some and a negative to others.

PDP9000

It should be they are expensive because they make the cymbal
cost a lot but it you want that cymbal pack go for it.

racefan33

SGarrett":2eejc4pp said:
Word. Zildjians are made for consistency in sound from one cymbal to the next. Which is a plus to some and a negative to others.
Huh? If you get 5 Zildjian crashes they most likely will all sound a bit different all good but different. If you want a consistant sound go with Paiste 2002's. I have no problem with Zildjians but if your talking about consistancy they ain't got it. That's one reason I don't play them. I love their sound but I can't go from store to store If they even have what I'm looking for in stock) hoping I find the right sounding crash to replace one.

I think this is the first post I've made dissagreeing with you. :shock:

And to the main post. Yeah, it's a good deal. If you bough them separately you would pay more. Those are great sounding cymbals.

king_friday

if those are the cymbals that you want, then it is a great deal! two crashes, a ride and a pair of hats? for $650? thats a hell of a deal.

Filter

Wow this turned into an argument fast. Um, in regards to Zildjian, I've tried them out at several stores and I liked the sound of it, however, I also enjoyed AAX's and some K customs, so I'm undecided. The great thing this pack has going is the price for the package. Thanks for replies.

nordwest

racefan33":i3cebh5i said:
SGarrett":i3cebh5i said:
Huh? If you get 5 Zildjian crashes they most likely will all sound a bit different all good but different. If you want a consistant sound go with Paiste 2002's. I have no problem with Zildjians but if your talking about consistancy they ain't got it. That's one reason I don't play them. I love their sound but I can't go from store to store If they even have what I'm looking for in stock) hoping I find the right sounding crash to replace one.

I think this is the first post I've made dissagreeing with you. :shock:

And to the main post. Yeah, it's a good deal. If you bough them separately you would pay more. Those are great sounding cymbals.
Lol. Garett now you have really shot the goat. I saw and owned many new Zildjian cymbals that didn't sound good.
If any, Paiste's are consistent. The reason is SnBz8 bronze.

And about A customs and other Zildjians: A Custom Ride is more crash than ride and crashes are not as good as AAX. Last year I sold nearly new A custom fast crash cos it sux. At this moment I own two cymbals of bought new three piece Avedis set. I immediately sold a Medium thin crash, cos it just didn't fit in any music. Ride isn't good balanced, and hi hat cymbals don't lie ideal on each other.

skitch

Filter":36q8vwuc said:
It is a good deal if you like the sound of the cymbals in the pack. It is a better deal than buying the lower line cymbal packs. Is a better deal than finding cymbals that you really dig, no.

I do try to encourage drummers to start looking at what they can find used and second hand. When I worked on cars, I knew of guys who were always trying to trade up. It involved Blood, Sweat and Tears. Not the band, the real thing.

ajppsc69

I have the same cymbal pack and I love the sound of every one.The only thing that I would have wanted different in the kit would be a ping ride but thats about it.Great value like someone said earlier the hats themselves will cost you about $400.Good luck with your decision.Later
Art