Zildjian A, Zildjian Z, OR Zildjian Avedis

Drumosaurus

Im getting new cymbals soon And i was wondering; which is better, whats the difference between avedis and A's, which one sounds better, how the zildjian Z mega bell ride, zildjian A sizzle ride, and 12 " mastersounds sound.

Rob Crisp

Ok, Z Custom is for really heavy rock and frankly I don't like. Too hard and harsh.

A Custom, top of the range cymbal very versitile and generally lass likely to crack than Z.

Avedis, again very high quality, a more of a classic/vintage sound than A Custom which are brighter.

Personally I use a combination of A, A custom, K and K Customs.

Mastersounds are the high hats witha rippled edge, designed to allow air to escape quicker and give more of a tight "chick" sound when closed with a foot.

I have A Custom 14" Mastersound hats and I very much like.

But although I have 99.9% Zildjian, there are loads of other great cymbals around, some pricey, some not so.

Trick is to buy the ones that fit your setup, regardless of make or series!

Jimbob2020

I've used custom a's for a while now and there is absolutely no better cymbal in my opinion for the kind of music I play. I play mostly Alternative, Christian Rock, and a little Punk. They sound perfect for that kind of music. I play some harder stuff too and I'm getting a 19" Meinl Mb20 19" Crash.

PDP9000

The A zildjian is a really bright sounding cymbal that sounds great for recordings and live shows but the thin ones seem to breake easy and the hi-hats they make for the A series are bad ass. Z-customs are a great cymbal they have a very heavy sound to them and can cut thorugh anything thing but the only problem is that they are a little too loud for recording but sound good a live shows.

stump

I have all of the above but my got to series is th A's and A customs. The Z's I only use at louder venues. very versatile in sound and volume. P.O.Y!