Zildjian A Custom 22" Ping Ride

anavrinIV

i played it and didnt like it. its too light and washy for my taste and it doesnt stick out in my mind. many people will tell you that its the best ride there is but i highly disagree.

Howepirate

anavrinIV":1uurktrz said:
i played it and didnt like it. its too light and washy for my taste and it doesnt stick out in my mind. many people will tell you that its the best ride there is but i highly disagree.

much agree my friend uses it and it just doesnt have the right feel to what a "ping" sound should mean to me to add to the previous statement

PaulZILLA

yeah. massive wash. too light. the K custom Ping ride is nice though. if you want a ping sound that is. if you just wanta r eally dry sound. Sabian makes a 21in ping ride with raw bell. its best of both worlds

Adonis2121

I used to own it, it was great. I actually wanted the 24" version. I remember it having a great bell(hence the name "ping"). I ended up selling it cuz I needed the money.

Dale

I've got an A Custom 20" medium ride. It's nice. Very bright sounding with a good sized bell. I'd imagine the 22" is just like it, only bigger.

Will

PaulZILLA":1mpjgao7 said:
the K custom Ping ride is nice though.
Doesn't exist

Dale":1mpjgao7 said:
I've got an A Custom 20" medium ride. It's nice. Very bright sounding with a good sized bell. I'd imagine the 22" is just like it, only bigger.
The ping ride is more high-end on the sound spectrum, and the bell has more body and cut.

Rob Crisp

Dale":dvzk78d8 said:
I have that ride, nice definition and a the wash is grand for what i want!

AzFaz300

well i have the 20'' a custom & that is way too washy for what i want & was looking at swopping it for the medium, hoping it has a 'clearer' sound, but not so much a ping. just more defined really than the a custom
what do you guys reckon??

scrubs

AzFaz300":3enp1d4b said:
well i have the 20'' a custom & that is way too washy for what i want & was looking at swopping it for the medium, hoping it has a 'clearer' sound, but not so much a ping. just more defined really than the a custom
what do you guys reckon??
I think the 20" A-zildjian ping is a much better sounding cymbal than the 20" A-custom ping. If you want less wash, perhaps check out the A Earth Ride, or any of the Dry rides (I really love the 20" K Custom Dry Ride, but it's a love it or hate it kind of cymbal).

The Heel

I own and use the 22 A Custom Ping ride exclusively. I have five ride cymbals... and since I found this cymbal the others simply collect dust.

The bell is cutting enough for me and the ride washes just the way I would want it to. Its also versatile enough to crash hard.

I remember hearing a drummer playing a ride that completely got my attention... it was a hip hop band so the ride cymbal wasnt the first thing you'd think about. But when I heard it I just had to have it. I havent looked back and doubt I ever will.

The sound strength is definitely within a live situation. You cant judge this cymbal by hitting it in a store, you have to gig it out live to get a real feel for how it sings through the rest of the band.

If you're thinking about it... see if you can borrow one for a night and play with it... then see what you think for yourself.