zildjian 16" k light hats?

Lancelot Frosty

I heard about them.
My main concern is that the 16" size might cause some positioning problems, and that they might weigh down the hats somewhat...
But then again, the former problem can be remedied with the Gibraltar Ultra Adjust hat stand.

anavrinIV

i've set up my 18" crashes as hihats just for fun....they might actually work for a very heavy rock situation. i think that teh 16" hats will be like using 2 crashes since they're light hats...deep and very dry is my guess.

dammow

i read that the killers drummer, Ronnie Vannucci, uses 16'' hats, but i could be wrong. the drummer from 'Orson' (forgot his name) uses 18''s though. i read that in rhythm mag.

rufus4dagruv

Not too bad. Nice closed stick sound and a nice chick when using your foot. I think that they are just the slightest bit too heavy in that when struck when open, either a little or a lot, was very harsh and clangy. I think they would work best in amplified jazz settings. If each one was about 100 grams lighter, they could be killer, IMHO.

rundylanrunn

awesome, that's crazy that some people are using 18" cymbals as hats, seems like they'd either hang over the snare or you'd have to scoot the stand out really far.

i heard that paiste is making 16" hats now too, i might look into those as well.

Edge3591

dammow":17e8nri3 said:
i read that the killers drummer, Ronnie Vannucci, uses 16'' hats, but i could be wrong. the drummer from 'Orson' (forgot his name) uses 18''s though. i read that in rhythm mag.
Oh yea. Oops. 16" is still somewhat large

PHANTOM PATRIOT

Edge3591":3s09yolb said:
dammow":3s09yolb said:
Oh yea. Oops. 16" is still somewhat large
NOT THAT I LISTEN TO JOHN MAYOR BUT HIS DRUMMER USES 18" HIHATS IT WAS IN THE ZILDJIAN CAT