Your snare drum collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am always curious as to who has what snares and which is their favs. So, I will start the thread....

George's snare drums

4x10 Yamaha mahogany
6x13 Ludwig Power Piccolo Maple(customized with tube lugs by Bonzo Drums)
6x13 Pearl Joey Jordison Steel(one of my current favs)
4x14 1970's Ludwig Acrolite
5x14 1967 Ludwig Supraphonic
5x14 custom built maple Keller shell 10+6 green glass glitter(Mark Feinberg creation...love this drum)
5x14 2004 Ludwig Birch in blue sparkle
5x14 1959 Slingerland Radio King maple solid shell in Capri Sparkle(very rare finish)
5x14 1960's Rogers Luxor in black/gold Duco
5x14 1980's Tama solid Rosewood with tube lugs(another fav)
6x14 Pork Pie brass in black gun metal finish and brass tube lugs(the first drum that comes out on any session and is ALWAYS with me on gigs)
6x14 DW 10+6 maple snare in black lacquer
6x14 1980's Tama Artstar maple in White Piano lacquer
6x14 Yamaha Anton Fig maple with wood hoops
6x14 Remo Mastertouch

I am always on the lookout for cool, reasonably priced used snare drums. I hunt on eBay every day. Would love to find a Slingerland chrome over brass 6x14, an older Camco, a Fibes fiberglass, a REASONABLY priced green Vistalite for my Vistas, a cool 12" snare and a Pearl Free Floating Piccolo. And more vintage stuff that is still playable. AND let's face it.....a snare drum addiction is MUCH healthier than most addictions, wouldn't you agree? If anyone has any of the above items for sale let me know.

phoenix7289":10oajn9d said:
Holy shit that's a lot of snares.... >.>
You gotta get more Tama's! :p
You know my family says the same thing about having a lot of drums. Not finished yet though. I have a friend who has 30. And of course collectors like Bun E. Carlos have literally HUNDREDS. Again, as I said before in a previous thread, I love drums. I don't cars, baskets, toys, guns, I collect drums. AND, I will say that each and every snare drum is set up to be played and i do use all of them at some given time.

I would love to own more Tama snares. Any recommendations? I had a steel 3x12 and an 8x14 1980's birch Superstar in a black lacquer finish that I sold to a student. I definitely want the Stewart Copeland model just because I think it would be a great all purpose drum. And he is one of my biggest inspirations.

I thought about all of the drums that I have owned previously that I have sold or given away and if I still had THOSE I would have about 30. But as with anything, some drums come and go. I had an very early 5x14 DW in white lacquer....gave to a former student as a graduation present. Had a 6x14 Yamaha steel, a Dixon 5x12, a 1959 WFL 3x13 maple piccolo that I gave to a good friend, the aforementioned Tama Superstar, a very nice steel Tama drum from the 80's(not the cheap one....), an 1980's bronze Ludwig 6x14 Black Beauty(that one broke my heart to sell...) and a Pearl Free Floating brass shell piccolo. Out of those I would love to have a Free Floating Piccolo and a Black Beauty again. AND maybe a 1950-60's WFL piccolo. I am steadily scanning eBay...hopefully I will have those again.

So many options for drums......so little space and money. Gotta be selective I guess.

justin headley

I have about 20 snares packed in roadcases including spaun, porkpie, ludwig, DW, Pear, and a few diffrent custom snares.

and the only 2 i use on any session or gig (the only 2 snares i take on the road)

6 1/2x14 Pork-Pie Brass Shell with diecast hoops

5 1/2x14 OCDP 20ply vented snare

and those are the only 2 i've touched in the last 2 or 3 years!!

phoenix7289

justin headley":xcr87nri said:
I have about 20 snares packed in roadcases including spaun, porkpie, ludwig, DW, Pear, and a few diffrent custom snares.

and the only 2 i use on any session or gig (the only 2 snares i take on the road)

6 1/2x14 Pork-Pie Brass Shell with diecast hoops

5 1/2x14 OCDP 20ply vented snare

and those are the only 2 i've touched in the last 2 or 3 years!!
Wowzerzzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.