Your opinions on Tony Royster Jr.

I personally think that Tony royster jr is an amazing and verry tallented drummer. He's got everything from the funky beats to the speed and the chops! but i want to know what you think...

wii2525

All i know about him is that he has a video of his drumsolo when he was 12 on youtube.
I'm assuming hes slightly older now.

mortem

wii2525":1le68bzg said:
All i know about him is that he has a video of his drumsolo when he was 12 on youtube.
I'm assuming hes slightly older now.
slightly older? he's around 22 I think..

mm my opinion on him.. he's a GREAT drummer, no doubt about it, I just really don't dig what he's doing now (he has his own band called Lazyeye.. check em out at http://www.myspace.com/LazyeyeAtlanta)

Howepirate

seandude":3vxxhhy8 said:
B-RAD52":3vxxhhy8 said:
tony royster is insane, i love him...
if u love him so much u shoukd marry himm ohhh
Keep your dumb comments to yourself...

Tony is amazing period. If you disagree i will fight you with youtube vids of him , to the death!

SeanGordon

Actually, he might as well be considered a master drummer, he has played since he was 3 years old, was conditioned and mentored by Dennis Chambers, and was the first winner of the Guitar Center Drum off at Age 12. He is 21 years old now, and a student at some big college working towards a master degree in neurology (he already has his bachelors). He aspires to be a brain surgeon. With steady robotic hands like he has, if I needed Brain surgery, he would be the one I called... ( I dont care for the music of "Lazyeye" myself, but you dont have to be a busy drummer to be a good drummer, but tastefull or not, I am still not to fond of them). He needs better musicians/writers to be a part of in MHO. I suppose he is happy with the band he is in or he wouldnt be there. Thats all that really matters...

trstn

Actually Lazyeye is quite enjoyable I think. I like his tight style, or I what I think of could be his tightness. He plays lots of notes, but it suites the music for me.

His early solo, ha, that was great.. ;) He'll have a good job and can buy lots of huge drumsets .. hmmnnnrr ;) hihi drumming brain surgeon ..
"Ahh Mr. Doe the surgery went well, how are you feeling today?"
"funky..."

rock
trstn

alwaysdrummetal

I only saw the video of when he was very young but his skill level, especially for someone his age was quite impressive. I imagine that he's amazing now

teej

Yeah i personaly don't find anything that awes me in his drumming apart from the fact that he's young...

Gazdkw82§

TheYardstick":1llexkuk said:
It's hard to not be that good with the teacher he had.
hit the nail on the head there. would he really be anywhere the standard he is now if he didnt have the tuition and guidance he has had? there is a fine line between being naturally talented or just damn lucky

teej

With all due respect to T.R Jr, and this coming from someone who also thinks he's overrated, but being so good at such a young age (see the you tube videos) wouldnt of all been coz he had good tuition. He had the passion to learn plus you could say he was naturaly talented coz come on...not everyone is that good at that age.

B-RAD52

Gazdkw82§":3se00051 said:
TheYardstick":3se00051 said:
It's hard to not be that good with the teacher he had.
hit the nail on the head there. would he really be anywhere the standard he is now if he didnt have the tuition and guidance he has had? there is a fine line between being naturally talented or just damn lucky
wow...you guys make me laugh...would anybody be as good at anything they do if they didnt have a good teacher? he had a good teacher because he was already good. Great teachers only teach students that have a bright future. of course he benefitted from a great teacher...are you saying that all great drummers are self taught and have had no outside influence?

dob?

teej":2rarcnon said:
Yeah i personaly don't find anything that awes me in his drumming apart from the fact that he's young...
you must have seen the vid of his solo at age 12... and thats the whole point. find another 12 year old that can play like that lol.

hes extremely talented, thats all i have to say.

teej

Yeah well thats the reason why i think he's good. Coz he got so good at a young age. But now that he's older, i don't find anything special about him.

You tube videos on like 3 year olds drumming. Man its amazing they can even keep a beat at that age. Now if they had the right teachers and passion, they could be like tony royster when they're young.