Your opinion on the best cymble stands...

nixusix

Im looking to get all new hardware... looking at yamaha, tama, and dw. so far ive found what im looking for with dw hardware. What is your opinion on DW hardware AND OR what is your favorite cymble hardware to play on?

drumshark

DW is great, but the only stand ill ever buy again is the Pulse Pro Double Braced Boom Stand, at $40 bucks, its pretty cheap, and is as sturdy as a rock, the boom is kinda short, but everything else about it is great, the wide base, and the cymbal adjuster is easy to use, im not saying its the best, but its easily the best for the price.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ ... sku=444567

Chek it out

MasterShake89

if cost isnt an object, i've found that tama makes some seriously solid cymbal stands. check them out before running to dw. but dw would be my second choice.

DW all the way. i've played what seems to be every make and model of cymbal stand out there and i'll never switch back.

the only gripe i have (and it's fairly small) is that if you play your cymbals low (like a ride) the stands are a little too tall. nothing that can't be worked with.

i don't understand how anyone could say anything negative about dw cymbal stands.

DeputyDiezel

DW 9000

the most durable stand on earth....i swear u could throw it off a building and it still will be fine

or the old vintage sonor stands that danny carey uses.....very nice but not as durable and hard to find

CANNIBAL

i overly recooment pearl 800-1000 series
I was rear ended in a accident.. the driver was going 50 mph, my drums were in the back and my hardware bag was towards the very back. All my pearl stands were in perfect condition besdies one that was just bent a little which really makes the stand better!
They are usually not that expensive, can be played low or very high. Can handle any weight(i have my 14" tom and 22" zildjian a custom projection ride on it along with stacker with a 18" crash and 6" zil bell and it doesn;t move or bend. I also have a lot of clamps and such on the other stand and they are work perfectly fine and don;t move. Plus i keep maybe 4 stands in each bag and they do band each other around but no dents, my heavy marks or rust

anavrinIV

tama roadpro stands are the only stands i need. theyre more expensive than pdps or pulse or pearl but the roadpros have proven themselves to me and i wont turn away from them. i had a 12" and a 13" tom mounted on a tama double tom stand, an 18" crash, a 10" splash on a gibraltar grabber arm, a 12" china on a grabber arm, and the stand was as solid as anything ive seen, and for a year i didnt have to adjust anything. i dont mind spending a few extra bucks on something that i know will do whatever i ask it to.

skitch

nixusix":1781owhj said:
Im looking to get all new hardware... looking at yamaha, tama, and dw. so far ive found what im looking for with dw hardware. What is your opinion on DW hardware AND OR what is your favorite cymble hardware to play on?
Either the DW 9000 series of which I have many or the Yamaha 900 series. I would advise against anything Tama; they have been using cheap, white metal in some of the high stress areas which will eventaully lead to the threads "crumbling" and then you either have to fix them or buy another stand.

You are money ahead with the DW or Yamaha stands.

skitch":3i4x59tb said:
nixusix":3i4x59tb said:
Either the DW 9000 series of which I have many or the Yamaha 900 series. I would advise against anything Tama; they have been using cheap, white metal in some of the high stress areas which will eventaully lead to the threads "crumbling" and then you either have to fix them or buy another stand.

You are money ahead with the DW or Yamaha stands.
agreed on his suggestions....

but more importantly... agreed on his suggestion to steer clear of Tama hardware for those exact reasons.

loop

I use Premier 6000 stands - they're rock solid and can hold everything :wink: Pearl 900 and 1000 series stands are great, too

phil-drummer

price wise, yamaha do some wiked stands at about £29, but if your looking for a stand that you can throw a brick at it and watch it stand tall , go for the pearl export series ones, their a tad pricey, but they rarely let ya down ( unless u set them up in about 30 seconds like i did at a gig n i forgot to tighten them n they fell over )

phoenix7289

anavrinIV":cb8ntufx said:
tama roadpro stands are the only stands i need. theyre more expensive than pdps or pulse or pearl but the roadpros have proven themselves to me and i wont turn away from them. i had a 12" and a 13" tom mounted on a tama double tom stand, an 18" crash, a 10" splash on a gibraltar grabber arm, a 12" china on a grabber arm, and the stand was as solid as anything ive seen, and for a year i didnt have to adjust anything. i dont mind spending a few extra bucks on something that i know will do whatever i ask it to.
I COMPLETELY agree with you! I have one and it doesn't move at all pretty much! And I like the bent legs, it makes them more sturdy! And they are thick as crap and VERY sturdy!!! THE GOD STANDS!!! But Premier and DW I know make some awesome stands as well.

big_richard90

im using yamahas hardware, it came witht he kit, and its actualy bloody good, really sturdy and hard, but not tooo heavy and damn simple, + pretty cheap compared to the likes of DW, if your on a budget id recomend it, also staggs top range is pretty good and very cheap but the cheaper stuff is pretty shite, hope this helps

amontholdDrums

Well.. my high school used these pearl stands and they were really nice... did get a dent in one from a bus ride where the gong and gong stand rolled in to it.. but we have a 40" gong and it was heavy as balls.. wouldve expected more damage if you saw it.. but other then that.. they were smooth and easy to adjust... stayed where you put it... very versitile.. i really wanted one but i didnt take one.. i want to try DW stands.. but i know that the pacific stands are garbage so shy away from those.. i bought one for $40 and well shit.. worst envestment ive made with my drums so for.. the boom is uber short.. i keep my 14" crash on it and thats my lightest cymbal but within a few min ( with out me even playing it) i have to go and re-adjust the nuts and the locking teeth never really lock in to place.. its pretty heavy and made out of good metal.. but the actually arm sucks.. never will i buy PACIFIC stands again.. arent they a sister company of DW?

PaulZILLA

personaly i only use DW(or some PDP). but ive played the hell out of my old pulse hardware that came with my first kit. it lasted a while. nowhere near as good as my 9000series stands. Pearl makes some good stuff(the2000 series is insane) http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ ... sku=448770 thats a wicked stand. ive personaly just given up and decided to go with rack for my cymbals. cheaper in the end. and quicker more exact setup each time. now i just have to figure out what to do with these stands. may keep em for in case.

actionduck101

the cheapest ones. screw paying 200 dollars for a hunk of metal. i paid 30 bucks each on some pacific boom stands and they do the job and ive had them forever.

Groove

I can't believe no one has mentioned Gibraltar. They're excellent stands and not that expensive either. I love 'em.

PaulZILLA

yea, gibralter make really good stuff. ive never found them for sale individualy though. every sh op ive been to has them as hardware packs. plus gibralter is mainly known for racks, for a good reason,their racks are intense.

J.C.

IVE REALLY GOTTA GO WITH EITHER GIBRALTAR OR TAMA, BECAUSE THOSE ARE JUST SOME OF THE BEST STANDS IVE EVER USED AND THEN AFTER THOSE YOU MIGHT WANT TO LOOK INTO DW . DONT GET ME WRONG THOUGH DW DOES HAVE SOME VERY HIGHQUALLITY AND DURABLE STANDS BUT IN MY OPINION ID JUST THINK GIBRALTAR AND TAMA ARE JUST SOME OF THE BEST ALL-ROUND CYMBAL STANDS IVE EVER USED AND IVE ALSO HEARD THE SAME FROM MOST OF THE LOCAL DRUMMER IN MY AREA.

Brazilian Drummer

I've been using yamaha for abotu 10 years now, the same stands, the are still realy new, and I have taken them everyone , and even with all teh rust we get here in brazil, they are still good, I used to teach a few places that had pearl hardwear and it sucked, don't ever buy a boom stand that has a hollow boom arm, now pearl finaly got the clue and started making them better, but I would go with the yamaha, or the DW