your opinion on a snare head

dor44

Hey guys ive got a little question..
ummm i want to change my snare head...
well and i only bought a snare head once...
so any new directions will be fine....
something thats good about the place im from at least drum heads we do have...
remo,evans,and a little bit of aquarian...
so... any suggestions?
ohh and i want to ask something about my snare...
my snare gives out a well not a ring but a special sound that i think is caused by the reso stock head...
so i wonder if i should replace that.. or is it just related to the batter head... so suggestions if to buy a new reso head...
and if so... what kind?
thanks so much in advance..
dor44

dor44

heheh thanks :D
i think ill go with the hazy 300 after i heard so much about it...
i hope they have it in stock...
about the batter head...
now when you say dry.... what do u mean... does it give it a restrained sound? like putting a ring on it... cause i like my snare open..
it has a fuller sound... so what does that mean?

dor44

umm maybe but no matter how many times itry to tune it from scratch it makes that sound... maybe i cant tune?!
heheh
ummm revrse power dot...
ummm maybe to make my life easier guys.. when you mage a suggestion can you tell me what is the pluses of that head i mean does it choke the snare? or anything like that?

SlackBackLazy

well the reverse dot doesnt choke it, still leaves the snare with a nice ring, but not a long one and it cuts out the annoting overtones

dor44

cool ill try that and ask the person at the store what he thinks between those too...
but i guess im definatley going with the hazy 300...
i hope they have it...

SGarrett

I use an Aquarian Hi-Performance snare side head and coated single ply batter head on both of my snares. If I want muffling, it's a MoonGel away. :)

dor44

you know i cant find moongel's? does it come in a pack? aaa
it sounds like it really helps...

AmnestysLowEnd

I like an Aquarian studio-x better than the evens dry heads, I think the studio x leaves just the right amount to overtone so the snare doesn't sound boxy.