Your first recording

Roc_Hardwell

I'm doing my first studio recording in a couple days and wanted to hear about some of your experiences with your first recordings. Particularly if you recorded to a click without your band. If you did how did it go? I've never tried playing our songs without being able to hear the music, but I do know em through and through. Any feed back would be much appreciated :)

stump

Playing in a studio enviroment is a different experience. You will probably notice that you play tighter and stay in the pocket more due to being isolated and hearing every little thing that you do. As far as playing with a click, I hate it. The one compromise that I made with using a click was to start the song with it and cut it 12 counts into the song just to establish the tempo. I am graced with the ability to keep a tight tempo so this proved to work great. Good luck and have fun.

m

Roc_Hardwell":3uzclnt8 said:
I've never tried playing our songs without being able to hear the music, but I do know em through and through.
that's the key right there. Preparation will get you through.
It might take a while to find your comfort zone, but if you can relax and be confident that you know the tunes.

The more you work with a click beforehand, the better the experience will be.
Might as well get used to it, and eventually it won't bother you-
you can flow and work around it once you've gotten used to it.

BillRayDrums

If you are unfamiliar with playing to a click, then I suggest staying away from that. Get in and record your music, your emotion. That's what counts!!

To this day I still have my little foibles here and there; 99% of the listening audience can't detect them but I sure do!! Then again, what comes off as a screw-up to you comes out as a stroke of brilliance to others.

Main thing is to have fun.