Your favorite drummer

loop

My number one is definitely Danny Carrey from Tool. I love Dave Weckl from Chic Corea Electric Band and Brad Wilk from Rage Against The Machine and Audioslave as well. My favourite jazz drummer is Buddy Rich.

Qbs

right now my top five would have to be

Danny Carey
Jojo Mayer
John Blackwell Jr.
Ian Paice
Janek Młynarski

but apart from Danny and Ian it's always changing ;]

paul89

So, my favourite drummer :

- Denis Chambers
- Steve Gadd
- Jojo Mayer
- Dave Weckl
- Vinnie Calaiuta

:)

Qbs

I just realised that I forgot one on the most musical and progressive drummers ever - Amon Tobin 8)

loop

Qbs":3ms6rt9l said:
I just realised that I forgot one on the most musical and progressive drummers ever - Amon Tobin 8)

Who is he? I've never heard about him. What band does he play in?

Carter

Definitely Lars Ulrich from Metallica! His playing is quite simple but with very great feel! Cheers

m

I've been on a huge Budgie kick lately;
he's not technically proficient, but he does some really unique stuff, stylistically.

His work with Siouxsie and the Banshees or the Creatures is really tasty.

budgie on Myspace

He's inspired me to really work on my hihat foot~

I like a lot of the other technical monsters out there like Lang, Peart, Bozzio, Weckl, Minneman, etc.
Bonzo and Bruford certainly are an influence.
Benny Greb is a recent discovery for me too; he's pretty awesome

Qbs

Thomas Lang is an amazing drummer - since I saw his "Creative Control" DVD I've made some serious progress with my drumming :)

Tool_Drummer_Zach

I would have to say my fav drummer switches alot jst by wat modd i am in but currently its Danny Carey! (duh)!!! lol but 2nd of all it would be Abe cunningham of deftones 3rd Tim alexander of primus who jst left the band recently :cry: 4th it would have to be Martin lopez of opeth and finally 5th but not last Steve Gadd i have even seen him live he's a amazing guy , and a all around great! :D