Your Dream Cover Song

TrunJun

Ok, since we did the thread about the most homosexual song we've all covered, lets do a thread about our dream cover songs!...

My dream cover would be 43% Burnt by Dillinger Escape Plan... I've been playing and practicing msot of the songs off calculating infinity for over 3 years now but I dont think i'll ever find a band capable of playing that nutso guitar work haha XD

... i smell a video being made... XD

m

the only band whose songs I'd love to attempt but haven't yet would be the Cocteau Twins.

I've been fortunate enough to get the chance to play a lot of the music I've always hoped to by joining my present band.
It's the only group of people I've worked with who have been able to play the Yes, King Crimson, and Rush tunes I always enjoyed
when I was a kid (and still do).

drumsforlife

OnusPro":1c2th3gd said:
Metropolis Pt. 1 - Dream Theater I've been trying to learn this tune since the damn album came out.
You been trying to learn this since 1992?

I also would love to cover Metropolis I.

or another great, real classic...

Right Now - Van Halen...I want to learn the beginning on piano. That stuff rocks...

OnusPro

drumsforlife":1rsvqklj said:
OnusPro":1rsvqklj said:
Metropolis Pt. 1 - Dream Theater I've been trying to learn this tune since the damn album came out.
You been trying to learn this since 1992?
It was a figure of speech. I know the song but it's still not quite perfect.

kErmit vOn zOmbie

I think i'd start back at the beginning of all the hoopla ..... Sing Sing Sing by the Benny Goodman Orchestra (which was a Louis Prima cover BTW)

Assback

I always wanted to cover Santeria by Sublime. Not so much for the drums but just because I love the song so much and I've never gotten the chance to play it with all the instruments going. Other than that I'd just like to cver ska and punk versions of classics (ex: Like a Rolling Stoner, The Kids Are Alright, Eight Days a Week, Isn't She Lovely, etc)

Jriddim

Brena by A Perfect Circle...

Listen to this song... It is absolutley one of the most beautiful pieces of art i have ever heard...

It strikes that nerve...

screamkevin

"Soul With A Capital S" from the Soul Vaccination: Live album from Tower Of Power.

Oh, and I want to play it WITH T.O.P. :wink:

AmnestysLowEnd

Tower of power is SICK!!!! Good choice, for me it would be anything by primus w/ Tim Alexander or The Patient from tool it is the most prefect tool song!