You know what I really enjoy?

What do you Prefer?

• You like a rock solid, non-moving kit.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You like a kit that moves.

• No Preference.

• Total voters

Rob the Drummer

A kit that moves when you play it. Not out of place, or "off the riser" so to speak, but just naturally bounces and moves around when you play. You really get into a tune and everything is flowing from you to the kit, to the crowd dancing. I think it really brings things together.

Know what I mean?

Qbs

I simply don't feel comfortable when my kit is moving... especialy when the bass drum or the hi hat moves away ;)

anavrinIV

i like my kit to move, but not away from me. when i double bass solid 16ths my bass drum shakes back and forht pretty violently, along with my toms that are mounted to it. and i love it.

Fudman

By allowing the drums to move (not from position) or bounce around it lets the sound be a bit more natral as the sound waves do not die like thay would from the solid mounts. imagin if you put your hand on a speaker while it was in use.

Fudman":293ngs03 said:
By allowing the drums to move (not from position) or bounce around it lets the sound be a bit more natral as the sound waves do not die like thay would from the solid mounts. imagin if you put your hand on a speaker while it was in use.
How would mounting that speaker on a wall affect the sound?

Fudman

Demented Drummer":32319uka said:
Fudman":32319uka said:
How would mounting that speaker on a wall affect the sound?
depends on if the wall is hollow or solid. hollow would project the sound a bit solid would deaden it or do nothing.

BTW I ment directly on the cone