Yeah I get it Remo stinks!

DRUMSMYWIFE

I did use remos way back but it's nothing compared to Evans. I would get Aquarian's or Attack Heads if there was another option.

Rob the Drummer

Obviously every company is great! The best players in the world use every major brand, and not just because they get them for free. :D

skitch

I have to say that I put a clear Ambassador on my 10" last night before the gig with no break in (I didn't have the luxury of time) and I retuned once! Remo is making some fine heads!

Rob the Drummer

Oh, and if Remo sucks, then why does almost every major drum company come out of the factory with, ahem...Remo heads? Certainly they don't make the drums sound bad....

Empyrean Drums

Rob the Drummer":1k86wgz3 said:
Oh, and if Remo sucks, then why does almost every major drum company come out of the factory with, ahem...Remo heads? Certainly they don't make the drums sound bad....
Despite their merits, I can't really toot Remo's horn just because they have a deal with manufacturers. The same reason why I don't put much stock in endorsements.

skitch

Let all those guys who hate Remo go that way; this means more of the Remo heads I like will be available in the stores! More for me!

xdoseonex

Rob the Drummer":2x52uhhc said:
accually those remo factory heads usually do make the drums sound kinda crappy.

Scogar

I love Evans Heads...but on my snare I like having the Remo Emperor X...so durable, so nice sounding. But just about everywhere else, I like Evans...though I have an aquarian Resonant Bass Head...which I like alot as well.

Howepirate

xdoseonex":1mspka06 said:
Rob the Drummer":1mspka06 said:
accually those remo factory heads usually do make the drums sound kinda crappy.
They're the throw aways...thats why they're stuck on drumsets for free.

Rem

wtf you on with mate, remo heads are THE heads

its like driving a car with wooden tyres for me if i play any other head

AmnestysLowEnd

Maybe you cant tune well and had dead heads! I did this with Evans heads they came on my frist set I got used, they where in need of new heads I bought remo and tune them and said Wow these sure as hell beat Evans and would not use them I still use Remo but I still like Evans.