Yamaha Oak Custom Question

19cam57

Hello all, new to the site, wondering if i could get some help.
I just purchased "parts" of an Oak Custom set by Yamaha, and I want to aquire another tom tom, but i can not find anything on the Yamaha website that shows the color of the Oak Customs that i have. They are a beautiful dark blue woodgrain, but the Yamaha website does not show this color , and they are calling the oak custum a new line? I dont know , but i would venture a guess that his kit is a couple of years old at least. I am in Canada if that makes any diffeerence at all. Also, does any one know who is a good Yamaha drum dealer in the interior of BC?
Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Cam

Airborne Ranger

Yamaha stopped making the blue finish in 2006, it was called "Oak Ridge Blue". They limited the number of finishes available for the Oak Custom line. The blue may be available as a special order but be prepared to wait, a special order from Yamaha can take 6 months or more.

19cam57

Thanks to both of you for your info. Since i posted this question i came across a old brochure that had the color selection, which includes the blue. I ak planning on getting in touch with the Yamaha people to see if they can still get the tom(s) i need.
Thanks again,
Cam

19cam57

screamkevin said:
19cam,

I run a site for drummers who play Yamahas. Join up, it's free, all you'll need is a Yahoo! ID and you'll be able to have your questions answered by Jim Haler, the product manager of Yamaha USA.

Here's the link: http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/ya ... m_players/

Enjoy.
Hi screaminkevin, thans for the input.
I attempted to log in but was unable to creat an acount. Would you consider posting the following question to Mr Haler, on my behalf? I am looking for one of the following Oak Custom tom toms, either the NTT810UA (8x10), the NTT813UA (10x13), or even possible the NFT818A (16x18) Floor tom. The color, as mentioned before is the now discontinued Blue Ridge Blue Oak. I understand these MAY be availale on special order, with a lead time of approx 6 mos. I was hoping he would have access to a Database that show stock of the Yamaha dealers in the US...might be a pipe dream, but i would sure like to try this route before i actualy place an order....

Thanks Kevin, i woudl really appreciate it if you did this for me.

Cam