yamaha maple absolute

anavrinIV

if theyre half as amazing as the birch custom absolutes theres no reason you shouldnt buy it. all the maples ive seen havent been set up so i havent been able to play them but ive knocked around on some birch customs and theyre some of my favorite drums. theyre expensive but i feel that these are ones that are worth the price.

Raider05

I got a set of these about a year ago, with the nouveau lugs in blue sparkle laquer.

18x24 kick
5.5 x 14 snare
8,10,12, 14 and 16" rack toms (the 14 and 16 being floor toms).

Very happy with these drums......finish is great, and they sound amazing.

PM me if you have any specific questions.

Gazdkw82§

my drummer friend has offered me a maple absolute 3 piece for ?400. It includes a 22x16 kick, 12x9 tom and 16x16 floor in natural wood. its not the finish i would have gone for but for ?400 it seems a steel!

he says its too loud for him, i didnt think yamaha's where like that, have anyone one of you guys heard the same?

screamkevin

Tell him about that wonderful discovery called "dynamics". There's no way that a Yamaha MCA would be too loud. Tell him to play softer. He's probably bashing the hell out of them.

Raider05

Gazdkw82§":2xa5te6s said:
my drummer friend has offered me a maple absolute 3 piece for ?400. It includes a 22x16 kick, 12x9 tom and 16x16 floor in natural wood. its not the finish i would have gone for but for ?400 it seems a steel!

he says its too loud for him, i didnt think yamaha's where like that, have anyone one of you guys heard the same?
He probably shouldn't be playing in the first place.

ultrastu

Gazdkw82§":iyr7ws51 said:

it's probably just very resonant due to the shell and hardware. (which is what i really like about the absolutes)
400 is a great deal. Lovely maple sizes as well. I expect it will be warm sounding just like all the MCs i have played I would highly recommend them (although you can't beat the birch!!)