Yamaha Flying Dragons

NocturnalDrum

I was in the market for some great double pedals and was considering purchasing some Axis Longboards.
I play in a metal band and need something for speed, my DW 5002's weren't cutting it.

I tried the Axis out and to my surprise I didn't like them, they had no response to then and it felt like I had to re-learn my foot technique.
I tried Iron Cobras, too brittle, and the DW 9000's were extremely heavy.

Then I came across the Yamaha Steel dragons...they were everything I was looking for.
Excellent response, mid- grade price, only drawback is I would change the stock beaters.

Has anyone else had a pair of these? How did they work out for you?

SHOGUNWARRIOR32

NocturnalDrum":1i9lpegm said:
I was in the market for some great double pedals and was considering purchasing some Axis Longboards.
I play in a metal band and need something for speed, my DW 5002's weren't cutting it.

I tried the Axis out and to my surprise I didn't like them, they had no response to then and it felt like I had to re-learn my foot technique.

Then I came across the Yamaha Steel dragons...they were everything I was looking for.
Excellent response, mid- grade price, only drawback is I would change the stock beaters.

Have them. Love them.

dbkman

I own them, and stand by them. they never get the credit they deserve but they are awsome pedals. very pro. Rock on brotha! ( hey shogun, how you been dude?! )

Raider05

I've owned em for about 3 years, and love them. And yes, I changed the stock beaters too, mostly because when I played alot of fast double bass, the beaters were smacking my shins and doing some damage...lol.

Great pedal though.

SHOGUNWARRIOR32

I also changed beaters...also, if you haven't already, try using the straps that came with them instead of the chain...you just might like it even more...so smooth. What's up dbk? Still waitin for you to get back to me about that drum kit trade of ours...those Yami's want to come home! :)

dbkman

haha, drumkit trade? what are you playin again, mapex right? I'de hit dat! lol. And I also changed out the original beaters. they both shattered to pieces within hours of playing. I use gibralter marshmellows now. and straps too. they rock ( no rust! )

xdoseonex

NocturnalDrum":2v3awuwm said:

You thought axis pedals had no response yet your bought a flying dragon?