[xush - m] Tama Granstar, DW, Roland hybrid

m

this was my 'all-out' gigging kit for a while. It was pretty much all E's;
You can't really see the Pintech Nimrod triggers, but I think everything else is pretty obvious~

what a pain to load-in/break-down. Great for stage volume though- there was practically none. It's a mixture of Hart, Roland, Pintech, & Smartriggers. Started out with a Roland TD10 module, eventually upgraded to a TD20, which I still use. The cymbals and a few pads all went to a Roland TMC6 which connected to an EMU E5000 sampler to trigger acoustic cymbal samples and bass guitar notes.

Axis pedals

PRESENTLY RECORDING WITH THIS SETUP:

m

over the last year I've scaled that way down to this hybrid setup;
Tama bass drum, Pork Pie snare, acoustic cymbals, one Smartrigger.

m

now I'm configuring a full acoustic kit (will probably keep triggering stuff from it though)

loop

Wow, that's some crazy reso head on your bassdrum.

Your kits ARE EXTRAORDINARY as I expected:) I'm diggin' them to death!

m

Carter":29w1m38v said:
Thats amazing. Must have set you back a little though...;)

:)
that much is true! I had the old Roland V-Pro kit to start with, and just started trying every pad I could get my hands on, from ebay or the classified sections at Edrum forums. That saved a lot of $.

It changes every month though- I wish I'd just leave it alone for a while! I think I will, once I finish up this symmetrical acoustic config- I want to stick with that for a while.

Thanks for looking at it.

m

thanks everybody :)

the head is a plain white batter, and we project an oil-wheel lamp onto it, so the whole thing moves and changes. It seems to be a hit at the shows. I think there's some videos in my Myspace profile where you can kind of see it in motion, but we haven't gotten any great shots of it yet.

It's kind of a pain to position it onstage, but I don't leave home without it anymore.

m

thank you for the feedback.

Now I've just got to decide if I should keep both kits seperate or integrate them into one. Hopefully I can keep them smallish for gigging~

Qbs

yeah me to, mainly because I hate to carry all that stuff after the gig is finished :p

m

yeah, that'll be my primary concern when we hit the road again.
As few trips back and forth as possible!
I've been getting better at it, but it's still a bit of a pain

prog_drummer_77

ur kit is AWESOME!!!! the electronic one that is! i started out with some crappy yamaha electroinc drumset cas my parents didn't want to hear em and they were ok, but the sensors wore out or something, so i got an acoustic set but im about to add my new Modulator and 2 dual pads for now! keep rockin!

m

prog_drummer_77":23sxntlv said:
ur kit is AWESOME!!!! the electronic one that is! i started out with some crappy yamaha electroinc drumset cas my parents didn't want to hear em and they were ok, but the sensors wore out or something, so i got an acoustic set but im about to add my new Modulator and 2 dual pads for now! keep rockin!
Thanks, Joshua! I appreciate the input~ I've scaled the kit down a bit since, but I've tried just about every pad, module and trigger out there- it was a fun process!
Keep me posted on yours, I'd love to see it.

I have to replace the sensor cones in the Roland V pads now and then, makes a big difference.

Here's my newest concoction;

m

I think the angle may be deceiving- those are Zildjian 13" newbeats, and that's a 22" Zildj ride. They're not particularly small, but we liked the sound better than the 14" Sabians.

Can't wait to get my custom TurkMaster 13"s in there next time...