Wuhan

McForman

So I just ordered the 12 inch china for about 20 bucks. I haven't gotten it yet and I was wondering how you guys feel about Wuhan. I mean, come on. Its a 15 dollar cymbal. Who could pass that up? But what do you think?

cableman26

I don't have any, but I hear the china's are not bad. I wouldn't invest in anything else from them though. That's just my opinion now I don't have any though.

Potatoe Snack

it'll either sound AWESOME or TERRIBLE. like I said in another thread here, its a toss up w/ them.

but either way, for 20 bucks its worth the chance.

Edge3591

a trash can lid will sound better AT FIRST. You have to play it a bit. I bought a new 18" china and I hated it. It sounded like...a trash can lid. Play it and it will sound better. My china sounds like God made it now.

shrub

I also have 12 inch wuhan china, its alright, definitly not the best but a steal for the price, but i found what EDGE said is true, a little wear and tear and it warms up a bit. I imagine the difference is more subtle then a 18, but there is a difference.

shrub

I forgot to mention that the 12 sounds pretty good when you hit it simultaniuosly with another cymbal. It gives the sound a unique accent.

McForman

I finally got to play it at a gig, which was actually the first time I played it (I wanted it to be a surprise) and god I was surprised! It sounded fantastic, so I guess I got lucky and got a good one. And it does sound really nice with other cymbals.

screamkevin

I love Cheese and drums":39fim0lc said:
Not a big fan of Wuhan cymbals but any cymbal sounds good after it's played for a while.

The only complaint I have with Wuhan is that their cymbals break after a day.
I've owned several Wuhan chinas that have no cracks in them at all. But, hey, what do you want? There's a reason why they are so cheap.

PDP9000

I only bought wuhan once when my china cymbal cracked
while i was on tour and i went into the guitar center and
bought 2 for like 40 bucks and they lasted me the whole tour.

stump

I have 2 wuhan china's. The 12 sounds like crap but the 16 sounds great. Recorded the last cd with it as a matter of fact. I was sceptical about them being cheap but hey...I was surprised. Who better to make a china cymbal than the chinese? LOL. Peace on ya! p.s. It helps to mount them in a spring mount to keep from cracking, as for all china's.

Potatoe Snack

I love Cheese and drums":168ay6vy said:
Not a big fan of Wuhan cymbals but any cymbal sounds good after it's played for a while.

mine usually last a little less than a year...

mrgreenjeans2234

i have a 16in
that a company at pasic was just
handing out for free due to lack
of selling them and so
i mean free cymbal why not?

so when i went back home and set it
i figured hell it wont last long and prob
sound alot worse

oh i was wrong. just beating that thing over
and over in every song it just got better
and better

i still have the 16 but
dont use it as much because i bought the 18 for
15 bucks and same affect i was just like damn!

PDP9000

Potatoe Snack":8uj87cbp said:
I love Cheese and drums":8uj87cbp said:

mine usually last a little less than a year...
ya mine lat a couple of months.

NG1284

I LOVE my 12 inch china. It's really an awkward accent though, and it's mostly just to screw around with. It has developed a pretty nasty crack though, and I don't think it'll last more than another month.

for 20 bucks though, you can't go wrong.

SHOGUNWARRIOR32

I have the 12, 14, 18 chinas and 12 splash.. love them all. the 14 is by far my fav and is my main china..the 12 is probably my least fav but still works in certain ways. feel free to check them out in my vids.

SocKeT

I have had 2 18" chinas and a 12, the first 18 broke after about 8 months so i was real surprised it lasted that long for the money, i like the 18, all the ones ive heard always sound completely different from the other, but i like them alot especially for the money

DrummerZ

Mate, you got ripped off...
I mean, you could have just put an empty beer can or something on a stick and gotten the same result.