wuhan

drummaman

hey guys

just wonderingif wuhan is popular in the us only, cos here in england iv never heard of it and neither have any other drummers i know

thanks

Dale

drummaman":2un7o0m2 said:
hey guys

just wonderingif wuhan is popular in the us only, cos here in england iv never heard of it and neither have any other drummers i know

thanks
Wuhan are popular here in Australia. I saw something in the drum press stating that Wuhan are only now beginning to make inroads into the UK. You should see them soon.

They make great gongs too.

drummaman

oh ok sounds great, they look pretty nice from what iv seen on the show us your kits part of the forum, might have to invest in some myself, thanks dale

phoenix7289

Haha, don't worry people. They are AMAZING Chinas! I bought my 12" for $15 and 18" for $50. These are very very VERY cheaply priced, but GREAT sounding!!!!!

Rockula!

I love them because they change their charachter the more you break them
It is a very slow and organic death
I like to have a new one and a dying one in rotation
Keep in mind what these cymbals were originally designed to do ans that is to be banged togther like orchestra cymbals
In addition, the rough hammered texture makes and excellent scraping noise
Notice how the bells resemble handles?
That's because they are
In order to achieve this quick and trashy response, the cymbal needs to be more brittle that conventional cymbals
This means that it sounds great when you hit it with a stick but be prepared for it to crack in multiple directions after a few months of severe thrashing

It is what it is
Plus, it is cheap

DevintheGreig

i hate wuhan, ive had it for like, not even a month, and its cracked half way down already, idk about popularity, but im not using them
wuhans are definitely not bad cymbals i LOVE them as long as you buy s series youll be golden.

break the prism

dude the last sentence of your post was the only thing that applied to this thread, and it was basically a shot at blakk waters. maybe he's mad because his wuhans broke easily. i'd be mad too, and i probably wouldn't buy them again. i don't understand how his "rage" is "retarded" as you so ignorantly put it.

stump

I have 2 and have not had a problem with them. For the money they sound great. The one thing that I would recommend is to use a spring mount to help keep them from cracking. I use aquarian spring mounts. Only around $8.00. I have had both for over 2 years and I am a hard hitter.