Wuhan splash-what do you guys think?

drumschick07

I just bought a Wuhan 12" splash just to try it out. Everyone is always talking about how its so cheap and sounds pretty good. Sounded pretty good in the store. I just got it so I can't really say If I like it for sure or not.

Anyways, what do you guys think about wuhan as far as quality and sound?

brokenstix

I have a 10" wuhan splash and i really like it, im not sure how the other splashes out there sound but i love mine, sounds great. Adds a good diversity to your cymbals.

anavrinIV

im going to try to get a 10" wuhan splash and put it on top of an inverted 12" wuhan china like hihats...its definately an effect sound but i love little things like that that very few people have, if any.

Piddywiffle

Wuhan chinas? maybe... depends on what your shooten for.

Wuhan splashes? probably not... Again depends on what your shooten for.

If I was you i'de look more before putten wuhan on my set. After all you get what you pay for. Sure 20 bucks is a sweet deal and i might get one for "pre-emptive" practice before I drop the $200 bomb on somethin. But as an active cymbal you could do much better.

Example... I just today got a 10 Advendis splash on my set (yay). I could've dumped out and instead of the 100 I paid I could have paid 20 for a splash... But the strait A sounded soooo much better...

I dunno... Wuhan seems like a cop-out for a lot of stuff.. I think the better sounding splashes will fall 70-150 dollar range.

But again it's all opinion and what sound your goin for.

drumschick07

I have the more expensive splash' too. I just use the Wuhan as a effects cymbal. Like the other guy said, it gives diversity to your cymbals. It will never beat my paiste pst 5 splash but I like it.

wes_125

for the most part, I've learned to stay away from 12" splash, I just don't like the sound at all. I love 8" ones (especially A Customs)

tepiddrummer

I've used my 12" Wuhan splash for a few years now and love it! I play it right side up under a 10" Sabian B8 splash. I can combine the sounds, and it sounds good.

LadyThunder

I've got it... I broke my last splash and needed one quick & cheap before a show. I took a while for the sound to grow on me, but I really like it now. It has a real dark & trashy tone... I think this one has lasted longer than the A Custom splash I used to have... But, again everyone has they're preference of sound and value... Of course, sound wise the A custom blows the wuhan splash away. It's a good cheap replacement cymbal to getcha back up a running till you can throw down another $100-$150.

I'm a sucker for good cheap shit though! :lol:

Leebodrummerman

Yeha man!
I bought a Wuhan 10" splash to use in a percussion setup for a musical, great for semi short accents and stuff. Dark trashy sond. I like. I've found now that it also goes well in my kit setup. And for $49 AU, bargain man!

fuzionman

i like the wuhan splash. i have the same one, and for a cheap cymbal, i've found the sound quality to be really good. its very crisp in a studio setting.

drumschick07

Of course the Zildjian A customs are going to sound 10X better than the wuhan splash but I think that the wuhan splash is worth more than you pay. For 30 bucks you can't really go wrong. I really like the trashy sound. I love the china's too.

Lady Thunder
I'm a sucker for good cheap shit though!
me too! haha
Never hurts to try em out.
Now if I buy it and it sucks, I won't buy it again just because its cheap.

DevintheGreig

dont listen to anyone, i recently spent 250 and got wuhan S series hi hats, ride, 2 crashes, splash and china, for my practice kit and they is the shit. I mean i have a pretty good cymbal ear, my pro kit uses Sabian, Sig, vault, AA, AAX, HH, HHX, so i know good cymbals when i hear em, maybe its just my opinion but rock the wuhan and youll go far!

drumschick07

DevintheGreig":3jnswalu said:
dont listen to anyone, i recently spent 250 and got wuhan S series hi hats, ride, 2 crashes, splash and china, for my practice kit and they is the shit. I mean i have a pretty good cymbal ear, my pro kit uses Sabian, Sig, vault, AA, AAX, HH, HHX, so i know good cymbals when i hear em, maybe its just my opinion but rock the wuhan and youll go far!
I was wondering what those hi hats sounded like. Thats good to know.

christopherabruce

I've done the same thing with a 12"/12" combination. It's a nice combination, the price is very reasonable, and the splash sound pretty good on its own.

Christopher

anavrinIV":ak2txx3o said:
im going to try to get a 10" wuhan splash and put it on top of an inverted 12" wuhan china like hihats...its definately an effect sound but i love little things like that that very few people have, if any.

Devindrummer12

im getting a splash or two from them, im using one of their S series Crashes, as you can see if you check out my set, and they sound really nice, along with the chinas.