Wow, I really need help choosing, open for suggestions.

gizmandermez

Hello, I'm new to this site.

I have been druming for almost three years, and by now I'm an intermidiate drummer with some skill and I need to find a good kit, preferably 6 to 8 peices. ( I'm reffering to drums when I say peices, not including stands)

Now, I have a Pearl Export series kit, 5 pieces with the black rims and wine red finish, and a Gretsch 6 piece Catalina kit, which is the blue one.
The Gretsch is fairly new, as I got it for my birthday and I am not digging it.

Soo... I need to find a 6 to 8 piece kit for $1000 to $1200.
Oh, and I am from Connecticut so if anybody can tell me any good stores around there or online, that would be much appreciated.

PaulZILLA

musiciansfriend sells a 7pc double bass Pacific kit by dw. it comews with hardware and everything, its birch. sounds insane. and all for 999.99. i highly recomend it. great kit. only thing you need is cymbals.

AngryGandhi

im from connecticut too... there are a few stores worth checking out:

Daddy's Junky Music (near the Westfarms mall) - not great selection, but it's worth a look if you don't live too far away

Guitar Center (Manchester, near the Buckland Hills mall) - pretty good prices, decent selection

Sam Ash (New Haven) - ive never been there yet but i hear they have a decent selection

Dynamic Percussion (Manchester) - highly recommend this place. they know what theyre talking about, and they have by far the best selection out of the stores i know. theyre very friendly too... they also have 4 full time teachers if you need lessons

Sway

Uhh i know that Mapex makes M Birch drums in a seven piece for like 12 and if you get another bass its not much more. I would recommend saving up at least 2 grand before you buy. Just a really good 5 piece is going to be like 1500. I have a M Birch though and it sounds really good and there very durable.

gizmandermez

oh gosh, i may have made a mistake, i bought a gretsch 4 piece catalina club mod kit , the red one with the stripe and sparkles, but now, i ha ve been wanting a 14" or a 18" floor tom, and i cant seem to find any. Does gretsch make 14" or 18" floor toms for the red catalina club mod kit? i really want one

Blond_Duke

PaulZILLA":1xdjkw7r said:
musiciansfriend sells a 7pc double bass Pacific kit by dw. it comews with hardware and everything, its birch. sounds insane. and all for 999.99. i highly recomend it. great kit. only thing you need is cymbals.
PDP aren't always worth the money. I wouldn't go for it.

Sway

oh yeah a bad choice cause my church just got one and its very not good. The wrap is put on really bad and the snare goes out of tune EXTREMLEY quick. When i was putting it together i noticed the bass drum legs were very crappy cheap plastic. The rods dont go easy into the lug its like the thread size isnt right. Im sure though if you custom order one theyll make it for you. I would suggest getting your money back QUICK!

FelterSkelter

gizmandermez":2wxcquc0 said:
Hello, I'm new to this site.

I have been druming for almost three years, and by now I'm an intermidiate drummer with some skill and I need to find a good kit, preferably 6 to 8 peices. ( I'm reffering to drums when I say peices, not including stands)

Now, I have a Pearl Export series kit, 5 pieces with the black rims and wine red finish, and a Gretsch 6 piece Catalina kit, which is the blue one.
The Gretsch is fairly new, as I got it for my birthday and I am not digging it.

Soo... I need to find a 6 to 8 piece kit for $1000 to $1200.
Oh, and I am from Connecticut so if anybody can tell me any good stores around there or online, that would be much appreciated.
What don't you like about this kit? Figuring that out might help you choose something you like.