World Series

bass-ackwards

Well, it's the Rays and the Phillies. So seeing as how they are both american teams and not from the west I dont really care. But if i had to pick it would be the Rays because they are such a Cinderella story.

Im going to Assume you're cheering for the Phillies?

TheYardstick

I'm going for the Rays, and no, I'm not a band-wagoner, I was born in Tampa and always stick with my Floridian teams :p

SuNoAnBuKi

bass-ackwards":21s4oobb said:
Well, it's the Rays and the Phillies. So seeing as how they are both american teams and not from the west I dont really care. But if i had to pick it would be the Rays because they are such a Cinderella story.

Im going to Assume you're cheering for the Phillies?
Yessir, Philadelphia fan born and raised. I'm hopin they end it tonight.

rufus4dagruv

Yeah, so, about 2+ months ago I booked a gig with a buddy of mine's band for Monday, October 27 at Doc Watson's in Philly. Who knew? Anyway, talk to the promoter about postponing the show or rescheduling, and his exact words were:

"What a better place to be than at a City bar during the game!"

Let me set the stage; the main bar with TV's and such is on the 1st floor and the main stage is on the 2nd floor. In a place where they only charge a cover if you come upstairs, and they ask who you're there to see, we will only be playing to a couple of pissed of bartenders and a sound guy. We start around 9:00. We're only doing 1 set, because as soon as we're done, we're out of there. Center City/South Philly is the last place on Earth I want to be with ALL of our band's live gear if the Phil's win it tonight. 25 years of pent up, no-championship frustration may cause the entire city to burn to the ground. GO PHILS!

break the prism

I'm a die hard Sox fan. But the Rays really gave my boys a run for their money, so I think they deserve the respect of all Sox fans.

TheYardstick

Hard to believe that the Rays could possibly go from worst to first in one year.

If we lose it this year, I think we'll be an even bigger contender next year, our Rookies will really shine next year.

stump

I'm pulling for the Rays. I tend to root for the underdog though it doesn't look too promising. P.O.Y!

Potatoe Snack

phillies. in an orioles fan, im sick of having champions in our division. we already have the yankees and the sox, we dont need anyone else lol

TheYardstick

Meh, if we lose this year, there'll always be next year for the Rays, our Rookies will probably only get better, our lineup might need another 6 months to click.

Assback

BOO for the world series. haha. not offense to the ball fans but...

does it HAVE to be on during the Simpsons every year :(

haha

Assback

bass-ackwards":2wqklx82 said:
HAHAHAHA, baseball is like a 4 hour event simpsons is .5, you'll only miss an inning or 2
nah, what i meant to say is every year i tune in to get my daily simpsons fix and baseball is on instead. im like dammit, this again! haha. and it's always supposed to end at six and it's 8th inning at 8:45.

like i said, BOO for baseball. =P

vincemie

a friend of mine was at citizens bank park for the clinch he said "no words" to describe how amazing it was to be there.

kylevater

go phillys go phillys go phillys go phillys go phillys go phillys go phillys go phillys
go phillys go phillys go phillys go phillys go phillys go phillys go phillys go phillys