wood!

Birch or Maple?

• Birch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maple

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dbkman

My yamaha kit is mostly birch, plus phillipine mahogony, and falkata. it has GREAT punch in the kick. the toms cut, and the snare bites. awsome projection. and it sounds the best on stage. ( stage custom...duh ) what kind of wood is you're kit made out of and what features/ characteristics do you like about the wood?

JasonS2C

My DW kits and my Ddrums are all maple. I dig em because they're warm, round, and punchy. Wouldn't mind picking up a birch kit though.

Potatoe Snack

do you have the no..vauea something whatever stage custom kit? if so thats the same kit as me....and it has one outer layer of birch and the rest is philippine mahagony and falkata and....the kit sounds awesome! just i have absolutely no projection. very quiet, bothersome to me. im using evans coated EC2 heads, i'm thinking of just getting some clear g2s, maybe the heads i'm using now are dampening the toms too much?

PDP9000

I thnk birch has a really good sound and punch with it
but i have always wanted to try a maple wood
how does it sound????

SGarrett

PDP9000":2uskml76 said:
I thnk birch has a really good sound and punch with it
but i have always wanted to try a maple wood
how does it sound????
Wait, didn't you just say that you work at GC in another topic? Go play one. :p

Brother_Bong

My brain is so fried with everything going on in my personal life that I can't remember what my kits are made out of. I got a Sonor force 2000 (early 90's), and a Mapex Mars (mid to late 90's). I think one is Birch (or Alder*wink Garrett*)and one is Maple. Anyway, I do prefer the sound of the Mapex a little more. Only slightly drunk right now so I hope I make sense.

GeorgeDemise

I have a premier gen-x which is birch and maple. Can't remember what layer is what though! Either the inner 2 plys are birch and the other 6 are maple, or the other way round. I'm pretty sure the inner 2 are birch though, anyway sounds awesome! Lots of attack with lots of warmth.

devilspain

my mapex saturn has 2 walnut plys! they make the kick sound like awesomness! and ive a cherry wood snare its lovely!