Woo!

Cheerful-Bear

Got my fixed Symbolic 8'' Splash in the mail. Fixed up the crack with some vents and added a logo.

SymbolicSplash8Top.jpg

SymbolicSplash8Bottom.jpg

Cheerful-Bear

I cracked it and sent it in and he fixed it with a vent. I had him add more than one to make it look like I originally ordered the vents. Yes, it sounds even better now. It's awesome!

tapeworm97

can i get the 411 on keyholing? whats the point of the keyholings? and what kind of shapes/holes are there?

Mitchell?

tapeworm97":2yy1j0wn said:
can i get the 411 on keyholing? whats the point of the keyholings? and what kind of shapes/holes are there?

Keyholing is when you keep a cymbal on a stand without a cymbal sleeve, and the bell hole turns into a keyhole shape.

It's not a good thing.

tapeworm97

Mitchell?":2vwsecbe said:
tapeworm97":2vwsecbe said:

Keyholing is when you keep a cymbal on a stand without a cymbal sleeve, and the bell hole turns into a keyhole shape.

It's not a good thing.

i dont get it :(

Cheerful-Bear

Those are vents. Add complexity, trashiness, and quickness. Although this may get keyholing over the years cuz the cymbal sleeve on it sucks.

Mitchell?

Cheerful-Bear":2di3in69 said:
Those are vents. Add complexity, trashiness, and quickness. Although this may get keyholing over the years cuz the cymbal sleeve on it sucks.

Only heavy cymbals will keyhole. A splash just doesn't weigh enough to make itself keyhole.

kplante069

Didn't you just get that cymbal like a month or 2 ago? How the F do you break a cymbal that quick? It looks interesting but I can't se how removing metal from an already some cymbal hels it's sound. I guess I would have to hear it.