Wonder If Korn Is Gonna Wear Masks Onstage Now?

MasterShake89

I wont spoil the surprise for others but, he never really impressed me that much at all. I would pick a ton of other drummers before him.

Timekeep69

MasterShake89":2d3ttjlt said:
I wont spoil the surprise for others but, he never really impressed me that much at all. I would pick a ton of other drummers before him.
He's getting alot of work. He toured with Ministry last year and has done shows with Metallica and Slayer. He must be doing something right.

phil-drummer

korn was an big influence on jeoy , hence the enormous K in the slipknot logo ( that joey designed ) im sure they picked him knowing hed play the song with a bit of feeling.

im sure if lars ulrich left metallica, and they where asking for a new drummer , im sure the 1st person they asked wud also say yes . butconsidering joey is in slipknot and has done drums for bands such as satyricon , i wudnt say he was the best drummer for it. i sed that about terry bozzio tho , why dontwe wait a few months n see who the next drummer is.

mortem

hm, interesting... I never really expected that. I don't think Joey is the kind of drummer for Korn, though.. but, oh well, we'll see what happens.

Piddywiffle

phil-drummer":1b4siuqu said:
im sure if lars ulrich left metallica, and they where asking for a new drummer , im sure the 1st person they asked wud also say yes .
If I was Metallicas first choice for a drummer, and they asked me first I'de tell em "bite me" :lol:

drummert2k

Piddywiffle":1uisx8h2 said:
phil-drummer":1uisx8h2 said:
im sure if lars ulrich left metallica, and they where asking for a new drummer , im sure the 1st person they asked wud also say yes .
If I was Metallicas first choice for a drummer, and they asked me first I'de tell em "bite me" :lol:
i agree. not that filling lars shoes would be hard to do. any one who can play the snare on 2 and 4 and occasionally speed up and slow down can play his stuff.

but wow, joey playing with korn. korn was really bad, then they got bozzio and it made them seem kinda so so just because of Terry and now joeys playing with them which offically makes this band and band i hope to never have to hear.

korn should have givin up a few years back and joey is one of the most over rated drummers out there. not that good for all the hype he gets.

i will be in shock over this for a few days while trying pictures of them coming up on google. joey will fit right in though, even without masks korn will still be just an ugly group of guys.

drummert2k":1xd6vg8b said:
korn should have givin up a few years back
I couldn't agree more with this statement. They should've quit after they made "Life Is Peachy", and then I could remember them with fondness instead of as that band that started out with cool songs and cool grooves and then turned into boring crap.

break the prism

very true. they started out like a new alice in chains. eerie, heavy, and different. i'm not one to bash a band just for changing styles...but these guys should have stopped after the first two albums.

Kaos

well going to be the minority here and for the record Im over 25 in fact im over 30 and I still like Korn not every song but they still have some really good music and Joey playing with them seems like a logical replacment as they have never been a hugely technical band and reguardless of Joeys musical ablity he is a very solid drummer he sometimes plays too fast. Im a fan of both bands. I guess theres no accounting for taste. I for one and going to be looking for a show close to home and go see how this works out.

thanks for your abuse in advance

Alcyon

I know that everyone under 25 is gonna go nuts for this.
I resent that. I hate both Slipknot and Korn. Give me Slayer, Pantera, even Metallica any day.

I have respect for JJ but it will make everyone else in Korn sound even more like shit.

AK-Drummer

shirleythewerewolf":x6phu3j6 said:
drummert2k":x6phu3j6 said:
I couldn't agree more with this statement. They should've quit after they made "Life Is Peachy", and then I could remember them with fondness instead of as that band that started out with cool songs and cool grooves and then turned into boring crap.
honeslty im not into the hole "shoulda stopped at this time or that time" if they enjoy what they do who cares. i would certainley never stop makin cd's or bein in a band cuz the hole world hates me. anyone who quits cuz of that is to me a sellout an not dedicated because they love music but dedicated to caring about others think about them and doin w/e others say to do

Howepirate

Alcyon":1yi1ytnm said:
I know that everyone under 25 is gonna go nuts for this.
I resent that. I hate both Slipknot and Korn. Give me Slayer, Pantera, even Metallica any day.

I have respect for JJ but it will make everyone else in Korn sound even more like shit.

You need to get with the latest metal scene bro!

drummert2k

AK-Drummer":1eemvfv7 said:
shirleythewerewolf":1eemvfv7 said:
drummert2k":1eemvfv7 said:
honeslty im not into the hole "shoulda stopped at this time or that time" if they enjoy what they do who cares. i would certainley never stop makin cd's or bein in a band cuz the hole world hates me. anyone who quits cuz of that is to me a sellout an not dedicated because they love music but dedicated to caring about others think about them and doin w/e others say to do
i've just never been a korn or slipknot fan. i think they're both horrible bands. but just my opinion.

but if i was in korn i'd have givin up a long time ago. shure i'd be making money. but i'd rather be poor than have to play that stuff. i dont use the whole "sell out" thing. to me its just a phrase used until a cirtain stage in your life and then you realize you sound really dumb calling someone or something a sell out. i just call it a bad band with a really over rated new drummer