Wich Zildjian Cymbals?

HeaveyDrummer

So, I know it's early but my family said they would buy me a few add-on cymbals for christmas :D .

I'm a Zildjian guy, so I know that what I want, I already have ZBT's but I wan't upgrades from those,
I don't want a cymbal pack, but I want to know what Zildjian cymbals are the best for me.

I want Above ZBT & ZHT
But don't want the most expensive line, I Would like to know wich
are the best for a mid-range price, thanks.

Oh, and btw, if it helps I play, Progressive , Rock, Metal, Alt, Rockabilly... Blah.

GypoDrummer

i play some progressive rock and metal and i like the sound of the ziljian A and A customs, also the K's, although they might not suite the genre? i dont play the K's much, like once every two weeks i have a play on a kit with the K series cymbals...

SGarrett

You're looking at around twice the cost to step up from your entry level cymbals to A Zildjian cymbals. There aren't any price points inbetween.

Maybe look into Saluda? Hand made cymbals sound way better than machine made cymbals anyway.

HeaveyDrummer

Umm, yeah.
I wouldn't like to buy cymbals from online because shipping & everything, and I wouldn't know a place near/in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada that would sell Saluda.

How much, usually would 1 0r 2 A, A Custom, Z Custom, Crashes cost?
And How much would a Zildjian Oriental China cost?

michiganice91

SGarrett":j9l9e216 said:
You're looking at around twice the cost to step up from your entry level cymbals to A Zildjian cymbals. There aren't any price points inbetween.

Maybe look into Saluda? Hand made cymbals sound way better than machine made cymbals anyway.
actually hand made cymbals are subject to error by the cymbal smith, where as a machine is perfect...so how can u say that?

SGarrett

HeaveyDrummer":3s5jpfl6 said:
Umm, yeah.
I wouldn't like to buy cymbals from online because shipping & everything, and I wouldn't know a place near/in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada that would sell Saluda.

How much, usually would 1 0r 2 A, A Custom, Z Custom, Crashes cost?
And How much would a Zildjian Oriental China cost?
Check MusiciansFriend.com. Those are going to be fairly accurate prices. Figure around $250-300 for two crash cymbals.

michiganice91":3s5jpfl6 said:
SGarrett":3s5jpfl6 said:

actually hand made cymbals are subject to error by the cymbal smith, where as a machine is perfect...so how can u say that?
Ask anyone who plays hand made cymbals and they'll give you the same answer. Why, you ask? Because there's more "life" to a hand made cymbal. Do you think that machines never make mistakes? If so, you're very mistaken.

Howepirate

michiganice91":38wotaon said:
SGarrett":38wotaon said:

Yet hand-made everything is so expensive?? Saluda cymbals WILL sound better because they ARE CUSTOM and are made to YOUR needs.

Its not a bunch of mass-produced stuff. It's individual. And machines make errors to. Not to mention that every cymbal is different.

michiganice91

Howepirate":ntohn7ua said:
michiganice91":ntohn7ua said:
SGarrett":ntohn7ua said:

Yet hand-made everything is so expensive?? Saluda cymbals WILL sound better because they ARE CUSTOM and are made to YOUR needs.

Its not a bunch of mass-produced stuff. It's individual. And machines make errors to. Not to mention that every cymbal is different.
the majority of drummers have no need for custom specification cymbals because theyre either in a small band with no record label, or just drum for fun. And to the dude above..machines don't make mistakes..they can malfunction, but they dont make mistakes. And thats why theres such a thing as quality control man..zildjian knows how to do it right after 400 years man.

Howepirate

michiganice91":2zl8geis said:
Howepirate":2zl8geis said:
michiganice91":2zl8geis said:
SGarrett":2zl8geis said:

the majority of drummers have no need for custom specification cymbals because theyre either in a small band with no record label, or just drum for fun. And to the dude above..machines don't make mistakes..they can malfunction, but they dont make mistakes. And thats why theres such a thing as quality control man..zildjian knows how to do it right after 400 years man.

Hey dumbshit. I build fucking computers. Dont tell me machines dont make mistakes. Its not even that anywayz.....temperature, humidity and consistency are the biggest determining factors in cymbal making iight?

SGarrett

michiganice91":zk552eq2 said:
Howepirate":zk552eq2 said:
michiganice91":zk552eq2 said:
SGarrett":zk552eq2 said:

Do you know that Sabian is made by a Zildjian and they're all hand hammered and hand lathed? Do you know that all of the old K's that are so prized where all hand made...in the factory now occupied by Sabian?

Yes, machines make mistakes. Ever wonder why misprinted baseball cards and coins are worth so much? I'm pretty well aware of what quality control is. Do you think hand made products aren't put up to a quality control test? The best way to make a good name for yourself is by not letting a lot of bad products out. In other words, putting out a quality product.

The fact that Saluda will custom make a cymbal is irrelevant to not getting one. They have "off the shelf" lines. Don't be afraid of what you don't understand.

Johnny Cat

Howepirate":3h6y2p4k said:
michiganice91":3h6y2p4k said:
Howepirate":3h6y2p4k said:
michiganice91":3h6y2p4k said:
SGarrett":3h6y2p4k said:

Hey dumbshit. I build fucking computers. Dont tell me machines dont make mistakes. Its not even that anywayz.....temperature, humidity and consistency are the biggest determining factors in cymbal making iight?
HAHAHAHAHA!! That was an awesome post. So true.

michiganice91

Johnny Cat":owq2wiji said:
Howepirate":owq2wiji said:
michiganice91":owq2wiji said:
Howepirate":owq2wiji said:
michiganice91":owq2wiji said:
SGarrett":owq2wiji said:

like i said..they malfunction sometimes..but they dont make mistakes. If its a computer it has no mind, and therefore cannot make mistakes..it only does what it's programmed to do..the only mistakes made would be by the human who created the operating code for the machine..so shove that up your ass. And zildjian cymbals are not machine made for the most part..most of the job is done by the cymbal smith..go look at the "How it's Made" video of the Zildjian factory on youtube.

Howepirate

michiganice91":1xr2disl said:
Johnny Cat":1xr2disl said:
Howepirate":1xr2disl said:
Howepirate":1xr2disl said:
SGarrett":1xr2disl said:

like i said..they malfunction sometimes..but they dont make mistakes. If its a computer it has no mind, and therefore cannot make mistakes..it only does what it's programmed to do..the only mistakes made would be by the human who created the operating code for the machine..so shove that up your ass. And zildjian cymbals are not machine made for the most part..most of the job is done by the cymbal smith..go look at the "How it's Made" video of the Zildjian factory on youtube.
Operating code is usually proprietary to the type of system used. They will all be the same yet they will most likely all malfunction differently and make mistakes. Theres trillions of variables even in the most simple machines ,you fuckin twat. Machines do NOT only and always do what their programmed to do.

You completely and utterly, mostly and clearly, and very matter-of-factually furthered the truth in my point,lmfao. A CYMBAL SMITH. HOLY SHIT. NO WAY. WHO DO YOU THINK WORKS AT SALUDA!^#@*&#@(

A FUCKING CYMBAL SMITH....but wait! INSTEAD OF MACHINES MAKING MOST OF THE CYMBALS 2878793789749032 THE CYMBAL SMITHS MAKE EM.

And make em cheaper than zildjian does.

Noob

SGarrett

michiganice91":1ttslpz2 said:
Johnny Cat":1ttslpz2 said:
Howepirate":1ttslpz2 said:
Howepirate":1ttslpz2 said:
SGarrett":1ttslpz2 said:

I've seen how cymbals are made and talked to reps from the three major companies more than a few times. Zildjian's factory is state of the art mechanized. You put a blank in one side and get an A Custom from the other side. Now, some of the super expensive lines are hand made...which is why they're so expensive. I'm not trying to insult you but I don't think you fully understand this topic.