Why There Can Never Be A World's Best Drummer

TheYardstick

Often times people hail a great drummer as the best in the world. Often times they are correct in their own mind, but their thought often has conflictions with other people's thoughts.

So here's the thread to end all discussion on the topic.

There cannot be a world's greatest drummer, because there is always going to be an idol that your favorite drummer hails as greater than him/herself.

That is why there is no best drummer in the world.

mortem

BillRayDrums":2rzjt8ev said:
Humans are so subjective. I nominate FeistyRedDrummer as the best drummer in the world.
c'mon Billy, reveal thyself...!! everyone here knows you are the new millenium messiah with a pair of drumsticks.

dave lynch

Oh there's the best drummer in the world out there, but to us there's NO WAY to know who that is...In our life time we'll never know what drummer did the best to make the world a better place..Who ever that is, is the best drummer out there...!!!

Potatoe Snack

im the best drummer in the world. i can ALMOST play 8th notes on the hihats are 150bpms. wait, stop yourself, dont even try to comprehend, its impossible. since you're not the best drummer in the world, to fathom that would result in your brain exploding.

dave lynch

Potatoe Snack":1nmb48n1 said:
im the best drummer in the world. i can ALMOST play 8th notes on the hihats are 150bpms. wait, stop yourself, dont even try to comprehend, its impossible. since you're not the best drummer in the world, to fathom that would result in your brain exploding.
I like that...Like I said..we'll never know..LOL 8th notes are cool !!

BillRayDrums

mortem":236hlkve said:
BillRayDrums":236hlkve said:
Humans are so subjective. I nominate FeistyRedDrummer as the best drummer in the world.
c'mon Billy, reveal thyself...!! everyone here knows you are the new millenium messiah with a pair of drumsticks.
It ain't me.

SGarrett

BillRayDrums":zv1v345i said:
mortem":zv1v345i said:
BillRayDrums":zv1v345i said:
It ain't me.
...I ain't no fortunate one?

Blitzer135

TheYardstick":17u8v5js said:
Often times people hail a great drummer as the best in the world. Often times they are correct in their own mind, but their thought often has conflictions with other people's thoughts.

So here's the thread to end all discussion on the topic.

There cannot be a world's greatest drummer, because there is always going to be an idol that your favorite drummer hails as greater than him/herself.

That is why there is no best drummer in the world.
thats true but but you could compare them and give them a rating out of sommat

Rob Crisp

Is Billy making moves on Feisty Red? Smooth mover! ;-)

Good comment though, we all have different ideas of what makes a great drummer.

Rob the Drummer

Well, being drummers, we get asked this question a lot. I usually just say there are a shit pile of great drummers out there in a shit pile of genres. There's no such thing as the world's best. It's not a measurable unit. WFD is one thing, but there is no scale for talent.

BillRayDrums

Rob Crisp":22rth1dy said:

You guys found me out so I might as well get it all out in the open.

Feisty, will you marry me?

;)

racefan33

Not unless another Buddy Rich is born.

I was lucky enough to see him twice, sitting only about ten feet in front of the band both times. There is no doubt he was the greatest drummer alive.

FiestyRedDrummEr

BillRayDrums":qamrrhv8 said:
Rob Crisp":qamrrhv8 said:

You guys found me out so I might as well get it all out in the open.

Feisty, will you marry me?

;)

haha you guys! I feel kinda like a tard cause I just now read this thread. eeks. I'm so on top of things!
Heh. Well thanks for the compliment. But there is no way I would be the best drummer in the world. Perhaps the best Looking drummer...:lol:

Gosh lately I've been feeling bashed on.

But in response to the marragie proposal;
Are the drums included?
If so... I'll think about it. heh

BillRayDrums

FiestyRedDrummEr":b2y1a04t said:
haha you guys! I feel kinda like a tard cause I just now read this thread. eeks. I'm so on top of things!
Heh. Well thanks for the compliment. But there is no way I would be the best drummer in the world. Perhaps the best Looking drummer...:lol:

Are the drums included?
You can have all the drums. But I keep the 6.5x13 Titanium Dunnett Snare drum. Everything else is yours. Hello, my new future-ex-wife!! Now git in the kitchen and fix me some supper!

(You know I am TOTALLY kidding)

SGarrett

BillRayDrums":3ee56ppd said:
FiestyRedDrummEr":3ee56ppd said:

Are the drums included?
You can have all the drums. But I keep the 6.5x13 Titanium Dunnett Snare drum. Everything else is yours. Hello, my new future-ex-wife!! Now git in the kitchen and fix me some supper!

(You know I am TOTALLY kidding)
Already got her bare foot and pregnant, eh? :lol: