why do alot of people hate "the rev"

seandude

i was listing o avendged senven fold after i read the "drummers that suck" because alot of u say hes bad

hes reallly good idk what ur talking about his double bass skills are amazing even if he is weird looking dont judge abook by a cover i think hes awsome and i dont even like metal :!:

Dale

seandude":19y84z1j said:
i was listing o avendged senven fold after i read the "drummers that suck" because alot of u say hes bad

hes reallly good idk what ur talking about his double bass skills are amazing even if he is weird looking dont judge abook by a cover i think hes awsome and i dont even like metal :!:
I hate him because he owes me 50 bucks and ran off with my mother!

:p

Where do these issues originate????

Is there some kind of alternate universe where all the drummers get together and have arguments about this stuff??? I have never met a pro drummer who has argued about any of this crap?

Seriously, where does this crap emanate from, and how does one get rid of the smell?

Here is something from the real world. Before Xmas, the shop where I teach held a banquet for all the teachers and staff. A very fine professional drummer, whom I hold in the highest regard, brought up the subject of the Rev. He asked me if I'd heard of him. I said I'd read an interview in MD. This highly skilled drummer went on to speak very highly of the Rev. He said he was a fine drummer indeed with very nice chops. Especially his kick work.

Right, now please understand this drummer is one of the top players in this country. He had nothing but good things to say.

Okay. Stop the rot. It's BS. All of it. How about something positive?

PS. Sean, I know this thread is a reaction to another thread. My post is more toward the subject about this drummer sucking over that other drummer.

seandude

in the DRUMERS THAT SUCK post they all said the REV sucked so i wanted to know why and what the fuck are u talking about "the smell"

Dale

seandude":zyqtktpp said:
in the DRUMERS THAT SUCK post they all said the REV sucked so i wanted to know why and what the fuck are u talking about "the smell"
Relax sean. I forgot to add the bit at the bottom. I realised and then included it. Most likely while you were posting this.

Think of it not as a reaction to your post, but this entire idea that we all see on forums that denigrates professional and successful players by those who put them down for whatever personal reasons they might have. Probably based in jealousy and professional frustration.

It's okay and not directed at you. I too feel a bit frustrated with people constantly putting these guys down. It's crazy and most of it is terribly uninformed.

kelvinislord

there are many answers for this but ill just say 2 simple ones
1) he's in avegenged sevenfold
2) he goes by "the rev"

he couldnt play for a more terrible band.

well maybe if he played for slipknot

DrewDeLaPoots

kelvinislord":2c6dcnbg said:
2) he goes by "the rev"

a7x is actually pretty talented. their guitarists are good. the drummer is amazing. the screaming i dont really care for but he is a good singer especially in the last 2 cds. listen to the last 3 minutes of the song Sidewinder and tell me this band isnt good. they are and incredibly diverse band and one of the few mainstream bands i have like and have respect for but then again to each his own, right?

kelvinislord

yeah the guitarists and the drummer are great, and i would listen to their music if they didnt have that super lame gimick and the terrible singer

I think they're an amazing band. "The Rev" aka Jimmy Sullivan is a constant inspiration to me as a drummer, and I have a hard time understanding why people can say he sucks. Hate the band, that's fine, but don't put down someone who is so obviously talented at his instrument. Whenever there are bands I don't care for, I'm careful to say "They're talented but I don't care for them because ___" then give a reason. One of the things that bothers me most is when people say this sucks and that sucks without putting any thought into why.

zen_drummer

I probably wouldn't suggest "the rev" for a jazz combo gig, but for the metalcore stuff he's a great player.

Of course maybe he's got some killer be-bop chops... who knows!

I do know he does NOT suck.

Blitzer135

kelvinislord":3g6wip36 said:
2) he goes by "the rev"

f**k you hes ace

Brother_Bong

The Rev most certainly does not suck. Band, image, genre aside, he's damn good. Anyone who knows how to play more than a 4/4 pattern should be able to recognize that. Plus he's quite a showman (stick twists and flips) and he sings back-up vox, rather good too.

Blitzer135

Bong":3kp8n0vi said:
The Rev most certainly does not suck. Band, image, genre aside, he's damn good. Anyone who knows how to play more than a 4/4 pattern should be able to recognize that. Plus he's quite a showman (stick twists and flips) and he sings back-up vox, rather good too.
thankyou bong, see when people say someones shit it pisses me off. anyone hu says that, i bet you cant play what he does, if you say you can, prove it!

king_friday

he is pretty good. i don't really care for his style at all, but he does what he does well. oh yeah and i really hate avenged sevenfold....i think they are pretty bad.