Why Daniel Erlandsson Is Amazing

drummerfreek55

I always get confused which Erlandsson is in which band. He definitely isn't playing anything overly complicated but man does it sound good

iatemygoat

nothing special. the sounds over the kit were cool and original but meh. ive heard two things about there new cd, one person said it was amazing and someone else said it totally sucked. so which is it?

screamkevin

I love this solo. I've incorporated the opening portion into my own solo that I do with my band. I just gotta get ahold of some triggers and a sequencer for the synth samples. I find it impressive, since I can't do the second part, it's too fast for my style.

TomTFD

TheYardstick":1f033eb0 said:
http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=3698935
and THAT'S why i love linear phrasing haha :p

The orchestra bits with it sounds awesome!

sonordrummer

That is why these forums suck! Daniel Erlandson is a badass, along with many other drummers out there. But in these forums everyone thinks that being stuck on Vinnie Colaiuta, Steve Gadd, and whoever else might be the "Flavor of the day" is what makes them cool. Give respect fools. Or maybe being a badass through these forums is what drives certain individuals.

Blitzer135

break the prism":21s7wqph said:
Timekeep69":21s7wqph said:
break the prism":21s7wqph said:
not terribly impressive, but i enjoyed it. my favorite part was the orchestration.
Let's hear you play it then.
i never said it wasn't good. jesus, why is everything a challenge nowadays?
dunno but i got the same when i slagged travis barker off

break the prism

i mean, all i'm saying is that i wasn't too impressed with the solo. i've seen much better, from him and other drummers. what's the deal?

Johnny Cat

sonordrummer":r4pito24 said:
That is why these forums suck! Daniel Erlandson is a badass, along with many other drummers out there. But in these forums everyone thinks that being stuck on Vinnie Colaiuta, Steve Gadd, and whoever else might be the "Flavor of the day" is what makes them cool. Give respect fools. Or maybe being a badass through these forums is what drives certain individuals.
That's not true at all. It all depends on who happens to read the particular post on any given day, and chooses to comment.

For sure there are thousands of great drummers out there, and a huge part of them do go unnoticed, and I'm sure there are hundreds, if not thousands of great drummers on these forums. I've at least been around here long enough to see that not everyone here is stuck on the "flavor of the day" as you so put it.

By the way, looking at drummers like Vinnie Colauita and Steve Gadd, there are very very good reasons why they get mentioned so much by drummers around the world. Maybe you're the one who needs to show some respect besides just calling them "flavor of the day", because those two sure as hell are not. :D

I think Erlandson is a great drummer, but I'm willing to bet he'll be a flash in the pan compared to those two living legends. Time will tell.

Empyrean Drums

Blitzer135":3oqj0ja3 said:
break the prism":3oqj0ja3 said:
Timekeep69":3oqj0ja3 said:
break the prism":3oqj0ja3 said:
not terribly impressive, but i enjoyed it. my favorite part was the orchestration.
Let's hear you play it then.
i never said it wasn't good. jesus, why is everything a challenge nowadays?
dunno but i got the same when i slagged travis barker off
I slagged you not because you don't like Travis Barker, but for saying 'everyone who doesn't agree can go and die"; the same behavior you are lamenting now.

Empyrean Drums

break the prism":3lxmo0j1 said:
i mean, all i'm saying is that i wasn't too impressed with the solo. i've seen much better, from him and other drummers. what's the deal?

I don't get the superfan thing either.

I do like Daniel Erlandsson and Arch Enemy, but it is lost on me how this video is supposed to sum up why he's so great