why are exports still expensive?

drummer912

i thought that since they export like was cancelled as of this year, the prices would be reduced. Turns out, they are still just as expensive as the new Vision series. whts the dizzle?

Naomi McFadyen

... cos they're so good ya see! :) and popular.... so makes people wanna sell them for more cos they know people will pay for it.....

just a guess like! ;o)

AmnestysLowEnd

You just got to look for deals on the shell packs. I got mine at sam ash for $375. You could also talk down the price with the people at your local shopes. They know they are being phased out and will mostlikely drop the price.

andybfrank

drummer912":3yd1f04k said:
i thought that since they export like was cancelled as of this year, the prices would be reduced. Turns out, they are still just as expensive as the new Vision series. whts the dizzle?
Have you noticed how popular Exports are? For some reason they are in high demand, hence Pearl and their dealers can still charge a high price.

drummer912

yea, i have noticed a few people use exports...lol. Good points guys, didn't really think the topic through when i posted it.

JAdrums2k

It does really depend on where you get them.... a five piece kit w/ hardware costs about the same as it did 10 years ago which is not a bad thing cuz they haven't gone UP too much.
Shell kits are definitely cheaper and stores will always bargin for an out the door sale

adamcain

:D
I have had the same Export Kit since' 93 and I love them. They're not that expensive. They are getting weeded out by the Vision Series. You can get a 5 Piece Export for about $350 ish. The Vision Series is a little higher. Maybe The Export Series will be a hot commodity like the Artstar.

found_drummer

they're still expensive because they rock!

I have had a 5 piece export kit since 2000, and they sound awesome. No other kit has come close for its price in terms of sound, especially when you put some brand new heads on them!

Plus, they're durable!

Mikkey

Even though Pearl has hinted they are discontinuing the export line, they still have yet to cease production of export drums. Until they really stop making export stuff, prices will stay where they are. Exports are also still as popular as ever. I play one except for snare. I just hope I can get two bass drums of a different size before they end the line. I've also heard the vision kits weren't selling all that great.

AmnestysLowEnd

I dont know about that man. When I ordered my 10,14 toms the guy from massmusic said there were only 3 of those preformance packs in stock in my finish.

But i do agree exports are very solid sets.

i think the pearl export select are nice i don't like the exports too much they cut too much corners on it but yea pearl don't care how many other affordable drum companies are poping up they know that there name will always sell i wish they would step it up on the more affordable sets like export and export select should be around 5 to 6 hundred buks sounds fair to me come on Tama sells the superstar for 5 to 6 hundred buks and there birch & basswood shells with cast hoops! if Tama can bring down the cost pearl can for sure lower there med level sets / there just too greedy a drum Giant like that should be able to cut the costs big time for its loyal drummers / i just got a new drum set and it was gonna be pearl or tama after i looked and played both for a superstar and a pearl of the same price range it was a no brainier Tama just has better hardware cast hoops better quality wrap finishes better wood & tone the lugs are of better quality i looked at the pearl that was 6 hundred buks the wraps were uneven the lugs were all crappy you could see the casting lines on the lugs yuk! it pissed me off that the pearl vision series was the drum set that was at the quality range as a tama superstar was and the superstar was 350 buks cheaper its like wow man i guess im getting a tama and i had my heart set on a pearl but for the price i had to go with what was better its just that simple and for the price a a real good pearl i can get the best tama sets so unless i win the fuking lottery or become a millionaire rock star LOL im gonna have to save my cash and get what will give me the best bang for my buks and im sorry but pearl aint doing shit for drums and drummers as of now just the same ol run of the mill over rated drums
to be honest for the price of a pearl masters maple you can get a starclassic fuking bubinga double bass tama set shit . if you have the cash get a pearl masters if your like me and work like a fuking trained mule for the money look into tame drums and compare them to whatever pearl has side by side at the same price range

AmnestysLowEnd

a vision and a superstar are around the same price. You must have bought a shell pack if it was $350 less. I do agree pearl should have put cast hoops on the vision but, we are talking exports.

The diff. between a Tama starclassic and a masters is the masters is custom order and a starclassic is pretty much a production set. Don't get me wrong a starcalssic is probably as good as a masters but you get more control over what you want with a masters.

SmellsLikeIan

BLastbeatdetahmetaldrumer":indczdc4 said:
i think the pearl export select are nice i don't like the exports too much they cut too much corners on it but yea pearl don't care how many other affordable drum companies are poping up they know that there name will always sell i wish they would step it up on the more affordable sets like export and export select should be around 5 to 6 hundred buks sounds fair to me come on Tama sells the superstar for 5 to 6 hundred buks and there birch & basswood shells with cast hoops! if Tama can bring down the cost pearl can for sure lower there med level sets / there just too greedy a drum Giant like that should be able to cut the costs big time for its loyal drummers / i just got a new drum set and it was gonna be pearl or tama after i looked and played both for a superstar and a pearl of the same price range it was a no brainier Tama just has better hardware cast hoops better quality wrap finishes better wood & tone the lugs are of better quality i looked at the pearl that was 6 hundred buks the wraps were uneven the lugs were all crappy you could see the casting lines on the lugs yuk! it pissed me off that the pearl vision series was the drum set that was at the quality range as a tama superstar was and the superstar was 350 buks cheaper its like wow man i guess im getting a tama and i had my heart set on a pearl but for the price i had to go with what was better its just that simple and for the price a a real good pearl i can get the best tama sets so unless i win the fuking lottery or become a millionaire rock star LOL im gonna have to save my cash and get what will give me the best bang for my buks and im sorry but pearl aint doing shit for drums and drummers as of now just the same ol run of the mill over rated drums
to be honest for the price of a pearl masters maple you can get a starclassic fuking bubinga double bass tama set shit . if you have the cash get a pearl masters if your like me and work like a fuking trained mule for the money look into tame drums and compare them to whatever pearl has side by side at the same price range

I can't read this, it gives me a headache. Ever heard of punctuation?

Mikkey

AmnestysLowEnd":rakg3z1l said:
I dont know about that man. When I ordered my 10,14 toms the guy from massmusic said there were only 3 of those preformance packs in stock in my finish.

But i do agree exports are very solid sets.
Just because Massmusic.net was low on performance packs doesn't mean anything. Drums are made like furniture, they only produce quantities of them about three or four times a year. So yeah, sometimes shortages do occur. Glad to see you shop with the best, love massmusic.

AmnestysLowEnd

yeah but mass sent it directly to me from the pearl factory. You might be right but honestly if they are gonnig to be phased out the arn't going to make them any more.

BTW the only export line surviving is the export custom; it's all maple.

xdoseonex

BLastbeatdetahmetaldrumer":xbpxk7cs said:
i would take a tama starclassic bubinga over a pearl masters in a heartbeat

xdoseonex

AmnestysLowEnd":24livqn5 said:
yeah but mass sent it directly to me from the pearl factory. You might be right but honestly if they are gonnig to be phased out the arn't going to make them any more.

BTW the only export line surviving is the export custom; it's all maple.
The ECX. i have a brad new 6 piece ecx kit sitting in my basement and i'm waiting for a shipment of druheads from remo to set it up