who rocks the Zil-Bell!?

screamBRYAN

if you rock a 6 inch Zil-Bell, sum me up a review please, I'd like to be absolutely sure about this tiny beast before i buy one.

thanks!

Rockula!

I prefer the LP Ice Bell
Zildjian's are too high pitched for me
There is a guy in my rehearsal space that has a Sabian bell made out of some white metal that looked slightly pourous
He got it on the latest tour they did where they made a cymbal right in front of you
I wish I had seen that
He woldn't tell me the material
I must have one
It was very low pitched
Not as piercing as the Ice Bell and light years darker than the Zil Bell
Maybe I can sample my Ice Bell and tune it down
Yeah
That's it

screamBRYAN

Thanks alot, i plan on putting a bell on my ride to define the ping a bit more, and i figured the LP Ice Bell would get the job done just fine, so thank you very much. that bell of your friends seems pretty cool i would have liked to hear it sometime.

drummer619

i absolutely love the zil-bel, i use both in my set-up (mounted upside down) and the larger 9.5" one has such a piercing sound it cuts through the whole mix

I have the 6 inch Zil-bell and it can add a nice effect to your music. My only complaint is that sometimes it can tend to ring on for awhile.

PDP9000

i have a 6' zil-bell and its one of the cymbals i use the most for a effect. Also it is very high pitched and it will cut through any cymbal

iatemygoat

Rockula!":3kg1ls02 said:
I prefer the LP Ice Bell
Zildjian's are too high pitched for me
There is a guy in my rehearsal space that has a Sabian bell made out of some white metal that looked slightly pourous
He got it on the latest tour they did where they made a cymbal right in front of you
I wish I had seen that
He woldn't tell me the material
I must have one
It was very low pitched
Not as piercing as the Ice Bell and light years darker than the Zil Bell
Maybe I can sample my Ice Bell and tune it down
Yeah
That's it
ive got the same thing and i love it. the zil bell is definatly too high pitched for me and rings out for days! im perfectly happy with my LP Ice Bell

drummert2k

CrdleoffilthXIII":2p10tp8q said:
I have the 6 inch Zil-bell and it can add a nice effect to your music. My only complaint is that sometimes it can tend to ring on for awhile.
thats the problem i had. hence why i dont use it anymore.

xdoseonex

the zil bel will give you the best most clear bell sound out of anything. but yes, it does ring. the ice bell isnt loud enough for me, it has too many overtones, and it doesnt sound or look great when you mount it upside down.
If your ride doesnt have a good bell, you may just want to get a new ride. the bell is a big factor for me when im looking at a ride. personally i would never put one on my kit unless i really like the bell as well as the riding sound