Who has a new 2007 Rogers kit by Yamaha?

steveund

Hey Guys

Who has tried out or bought a new Rogers kit from Yamaha?
I didn't make it to NAMM this year, so I was just wondering how they sound, if they sound good at all.

I talked to Yamaha today and they said that they have two lower end kits and one higher end kit, all entry level. But they are just trying to get the name back out to the stores before they start in on the custom and limited edition stuff.

Mike T

I play vintage Rogers and i would shy away from their first attempts, i think if they bring out good quality and bring back swivo hardware they will be barking up the right tree what the world does not need is more entry level kits and we do not need the name Rogers on Junk...

steveund

Well I agree with you on that, I play vintage Rogers too.
However I hope they do sell enough to bring Rogers back into the high end market.

I do think that Rogers are in good hands with Yamaha, but I also agree let's not waist time with entry level products, and get Rogers back to where they belong. I'm more of a memory lock guy myself, but the swiv-o-matics would be a great idea to bring back. The Dynasonic Snairs would be awesome to have 2007 or 2008 versions of.

Can you imagain a Dynasonic made out of the same materials they use for Yamaha motorcycles. All of Yamaha's hardware is made in their motorcycle factories.

Daneman

The only thing Rogers about these kits is the name. Sadly, they're barely a step up from the Yamaha Rydeen kits, and from my understanding, their really isn't that much intention of upgrading in the near future.

steveund

When I talked to them, they said that all options are on the table at the moment.

The Rogers are replacing the Rydeem sets for now.

But as soon as they get money to generate with the Rogers brand they can then start putting money toward retooling to start putting out limited edition Rogers kits and Custom Kits.

The guy told me that it's gonna take a lot of money to retool their machines to start making 50 year old designed hardware. But it's something that they are talking about.

Mike T

I agree that the name Rogers is in good hands IF those working on the prodject know anything about Rogers drums, By far the clevland ,Dayton and early Fullerton Years were the Heyday of what some consider the best drums ever made there were the swivomatic years and that hardware still funtions perfectly today i know i have used it for 40 years...entry level kits will only put people off they need to tool up and be serious about making Rogers Great drums again...

RogersDrummer

Never heard their new set, but I'm sure its nice. Yamaha is known for their excellent quality. Obviously Rogers was too. You combine them both together, you wont get garbage, I can tell you that much.

I'd love to try out their new set. I adore Rogers very much, and I'd probably buy the new one just for the sake of it.

Rob