Who do you like between these two

The MP

My personal fav is thomas lang and my other is neil pert and im also bored and i just like reading peoples point of views, who do u like better?

*sorry, had to edit this you a "who do you like better post." we try to stay away from the "who or whats better" here.

drummert2k

i know neil is a legend and innovator in his art, but im a huge fan of lang. he's like a machine behind the kit and a great over all musician. i have much respect for peart though. i just like lang's drumming better.

drumsforlife

drummert2k":1bjw3t49 said:
i know neil is a legend and innovator in his art, but im a huge fan of lang. he's like a machine behind the kit and a great over all musician. i have much respect for peart though. i just like lang's drumming better.
Perhaps a better question would have been, "Which drummer do you like to watch?" Or "Which drummer would you like to play like?"

Because I really like watching Peart, but would like to be as good a player as Lang...

john_bonham73

I'll roll with this thread because I love and respect the work of both of these drummers.But how about a new name in the mix of who is better....Portnoy vs. Carey vs. Lang vs. Peart ?? Check out Jon Theodore of Mars Volta

46&2

theres no doubt danny carey is more musical and better than mike portnoy...neil against lang tho is tough...skill wise and showmanship its prolly lang....but neil is more musical..influential and creative

nate

well neil does have the drum solo of life behind him...but lang is very unique. but im a fan of both.

Airborne Ranger

I'd easily say I like Peart much better. Lang's playing seems way too stiff to me. Yes, he can play intricate things and play very fast but there is no groove or feeling to his playing. It comes across to me as boring, just a blaze of single strokes and fast footwork, but no LIFE. I'd MUCH rather listen to Charlie Watts play a simple solid groove than the 250bpm 4-way coordination stuff that Lang does. Peart has the ability to play complex things but has much more feeling than Lang and doesn't always feel he has to amaze us with his speed.