who do u feel about drumheads?

mapexdrummer

honestly...because lets face it there are alot of drumheads out there that dont get the credit they deserve like the attack signatures...those r really awesome heads...yet people are soooo into remo and evans..that the drumhead companies dont even get a chance to send their message through the young kids...cuz i know older katz have heads like the ludwig weather masters n stuff like that...wat is ur output on heads? and which really do give u satisfaction :wink:

Shalaq

I don't like Remo heads. I only like Fyberskin for their looks ;)
I've been using Evans for a few years and am changing gradually to attack heads.
Maybe, I'd done it sooner if Attack changed their site to something like evans has.

Scott_Hurford

i personally prefer the sound a Remo head can offer. i've used Evans heads, and they are on equal ground with Remo in my opinion, but Remo just swings more in my favour.
As for other drumhead companies they aint half bad for sound but i find they break MUCH faster, my Remo coated emperors have lasted me MONTHS of hard hitting, and they aint even denting, best heads i've used.

Will

Evans

I've never had a Remo on my kit except the original head for my DW snare.

Evans has the right feel and sound for me and my kit and they last YEARS for me, not just months.

drummert2k

evans pretty much rules the drum head world for me. evans EC2's on tom batters and you will never want to use another head again.

TamaSwngstr121

well i personally would go with Evans...some people i know also say that they love Aquarians...mainly the Performance 2's and the Superkick 2

FunkyDrummer

I don't like attack heads personally. I love Remo - they have the right sound for me. As for evans I suppose that EMAD is really nice

tamadrummer321

well i think you have a great point but i have t go with evens. I have remo and i can just never get the right sound out of them. I heard great things about evens g2 and ec2 so i am going to cover my set with those when i get the money

racefan33

I was always a Remo guy until with my new kit I was having a hell of a time trying to get a 10 head to fit on it but Remo just made it too small and it was scraping the wood. That was the last straw for me. Remo are great but they have let their quality control go out the window so I went back to guitar center and returned the whole set of heads, (lucky I started with the 8 tom) and tried the Evans and they are awesome. Looks like I gonna stick with Evans.

Dale

I always use Remo. Although I have heads from south America on my Latino drums. I can't get Attack or Aquarian and I have a bias against Evans from back in the Hydraulic days.

Homki890

I have Attack heads on my set, and they sound pretty decent. I just need some muffling, and they would sound very nice indeed.

I'm becoming turned off for Remo. Mainly because, today, I was marching in a parade, and I have a Remo Pinstripe 12'', and the head was dead this morning, and the tell-tale ripples at the edges were evidant by the time of the parade. Here's the kicker. I got the head TWO WEEKS AGO. A head should not go dead that fast.

For reference, a "dead" head is when the head is ripped at the crown, sometimes out of the head's casing. It produces a very thuddy, "dead" tone, and sounds absolutely horrible.

Homki890

Brazilian Drummer

I've always been a remo guy, I've tryed a few evans heads but didnt like them, whem i was marching we got some to try out and they were shity, the sanresides head didnt last 5 days, and on my drumset I got some for my toms and didnt liek them either, my bass drum has a EQ3 on it and I realy like it , but my toms and snares are all remo, I realy liek the suade heads they have, sound realy nice on the set, or them clear emps.

here in brazil we have about 3 companys that make heads, RMV, Gess and another one that I cant remember the name right now, I havent tryed all of them but some are nice. what sucks here is that sumetimes its had to find remo or evans, so I have to go with the other one. but they are making some good stuff now.

Dale

mapexdrummer":1inpgj70 said:
y biased?
Yeah, sad isn't it? I am sure they are good. I just haven't heard any I like. I'm forced to wonder if it is because of that reason. Like many things these days, I just don't know why.

mapexdrummer

"Yeah, sad isn't it? I am sure they are good. I just haven't heard any I like. I'm forced to wonder if it is because of that reason. Like many things these days, I just don't know why."

yea it is....hard to find the "perfect" drumhead...