who all owns a wuhan 12 inch china?

Animal

Not a Wuhan, but I have a 12" Zildjian China ZXT, and I love the sound of that! :D

11 bucks sounds like a good deal, regardless of the factory brand, so I'll say you got yourself a real bargain deal there, pal! 8)

DrumHead15

When Mars went out of business I bought a dozen for $5.00 each. I give them out as gifts to other drummers. I kept four that I prefered for my private collection. I use one as a hihat bottom paired with a 10" bell or a splash on a remote pedal hihat. I have even used a pair as a hihat--that was interesting... I used to put four of them from each corner of one of my racks, all mounted overhead, like a circle or box and then just circle crash them for a showy effect, crowds loved it.

warlocke

I picked one up a while back. I needed to add another $14 to an order to get free shipping so that's what I tacked on. I have several other Wuhans (traditional splashes and chinas) but for some reason the sound of the little 12 incher just annoys me. I love all my other Wuhans, though. Might even get an S series pack for the spare / student kit if I can find one to test drive first.

Shaggy

Yeah, I have one....I went through my first one in about 20 months before it cracked. So I went out and bought a new one. It's lasted about a year. I also have an 18" Wuhan China. Best chinas I've played with.

Rockaflodge

Yeah, I got 3 of them. at one time guitar center was paying people take them home. The reason - guitar center order like 500,000 of them and though they could sell them real fast, well after 6 months they still had 499.000 left. so they put them on sale for 15 bucks and were giving them away when you got 12 pairs of sticks, I went in one day and got 3 bricks of sticks and got 3 chinas too so not a bad deal. they were free.

LuckilyHeDied

I have one, and it's currently my only China. I love the little bastard. Really quick and trashy, perfect for accents and also as a more high energy crash/ride effect.

Not bad for something that came free with a cymbal stand.

anavrinIV

ive had one for about 7 months and it has 2 cracks inside the rim right now, but it still sounds great. ive decided that im not going to replace it until its useless. i only got it because i wanted a small china and this one was really cheap. i got my $12 out of it and ill definately get another one when i need it.

phoenix7289

I have one. And an 18". I like the 18"er more though, the sound for the 12" isn't as appealing, but still can be used in some cases! :D

ThunderofSukus

I have two fo them. The one I think I got around three years ago. The other one with a drum head pack just last week.

I put mine through hell, and it's never sounded better.

phoenix7289

dabigdrummer":3t2jmo7d said:
I got one, I love the little bastard. Im lokkin to get an 18 once I get the money
ah just go get one!!! $50 and it sounds like a gong if you lightly, and then with added strength, hit it with a mallet! seriously ,it's COOL!!!

LadyThunder

:wink: I've got one and absolutely love it... The larger chinas just break to quickly for the price. I'll keep buying the 12".

Something just doesn't seem right about paying $100 - $200 for a trashy/gritty sound. The Cheaper, the Trashier, the better....

The Heel

Has anyone else stacked the small ones? I've seen people stack the 12 china with a 12 Wuhan splash and it was an interesting sound, though the China dominated the tonality.

zerodogma

I have had one for about a year and like it enough to get another if it ends up breaking on me. The Wuhan's have a great "trash" sound... I am probably going to expand my chinas to include either some larger Wuhan's or Saluda Voodoo's.
I really need to try stacking a china with a splash/crash... if anyone has found a killer stack combo, let me know!

Zim

Yeah I love mine. If it breaks I will get another .I am currently considering another 12 and maybe a 16 wuhan for my setup.