White Marine Pearl Wrapping, Mini-Gretsch Lugs?

RemoteContact

Hey DML, I'm adding a second rack tom to my Gretsch Catalina jazz. I have an old 10" shell from a pearl world series kit that i'd use. If possible I would want the same "mini gretsch" lugs but whatever it already has lugs. I was looking around the various drum building sites and couldn't find the same exact wrap used in my kit. Its the white marine pearl version of the catalina. Also can I have some quotes from the various drum builders here so I can get an idea how much it would cost if I sent this out to be re wrapped?

Thanks

- Adam

Steve@NDC

Looks like what a few vendors call "Blue White Pearl". A closer shot done with natural outdoor lighting would help to make sure.

RemoteContact

Soo any idea of a ballpark price for a rewrapping? Is this something that I can do? Find locally? Send out? I come to DML to find those with the answers to life's toughest questions.

RemoteContact":3h8osd8k said:
Soo any idea of a ballpark price for a rewrapping? Is this something that I can do? Find locally? Send out? I come to DML to find those with the answers to life's toughest questions.
the wrap would run you about $30 (precisiondrum.com)

labor for re-wrapping would run about $45 (amdrumparts.com)

plus shipping to and from, of course.

RemoteContact":1jrxanvt said:
Sounds reasonable, thanks 'casm.
no problem.

you could always do it yourself. it'd save you at least $65 ($45 for the labor of wrapping plus shipping)

while contact cement is definitely the most professional way to go, the double sided tape method works fine too. that's how i did my first wrap kit, which i still play.

i'd even be willing to send you enough tape for the drum free of charge. got a whole roll of it and no real use for the stuff anymore (i've gone on to the contact cement...)