Which TAMA kit???

jp3515

I've been looking around, but haven't been up close and personal with a real tama kit. so, since I hear the starclassic maple is pretty good, which drum kit/series would best fit a intermediate thrash metal drummer such as myself?

Joshua6393

If you have a fare bit of cash or have got an Ebay acount, I would go for the Starclassic series if you have quite abit I do really recommend bubinga shells.
If your not looking to spend a complete fortune the Superstar series are amazing value for money and sound very deep, Im in a deathcore band which is a similar style to what your wanting to play and I play superstars at the studio where we rehears

TamaDude

Birch shells have amazing low end for rock... look for Starclassic Performer kits on eBay, and they're very affordable as well.

Dunno what your budget is, but I know Dales Drum Shop in PA has a Birch/bubinga kit in Lava Glass Glitter for around $1200.

metldrummer2112

TamaDude":1tmrt115 said:
Birch shells have amazing low end for rock... look for Starclassic Performer kits on eBay, and they're very affordable as well.

Dunno what your budget is, but I know Dales Drum Shop in PA has a Birch/bubinga kit in Lava Glass Glitter for around $1200.
I've seen it. That's a really nice kit, I'd recommend it

jp3515

well im usin a 8-piece and upgrading to a 9-piece, 4 rack toms 2 floor.

i know it aint gunna be cheap with the size im after lol.

is the rockstar series = pearl's export series?

Joshua6393

is the rockstar series = pearl's export series?
I would say that is correct because when getting to the superstar series there alot nicer looking and to play if you compare it to the pearl export series

Assback

i'd say the rockstars are better tham the emports. just my opinion tho but rockstars sound wayy better than exports to me and they look better too

Joshua6393

yeah I agree with rockstars been better, ive never like pearl although I just got a masters kit and im inpressed! I think its just there low end stuff thats not good

AgDrumma07

Assback":3rcfqplz said:
i'd say the rockstars are better tham the emports. just my opinion tho but rockstars sound wayy better than exports to me and they look better too
Rockstars are MUCH better than Exports. You can usually find great deals on them on Ebay and CL.

The new Superstars are a slight step up, with diecast hoops and more finishes.

Either way, buy used. New kits are usually a rip off.

AgDrumma07

jp3515":2dg9x0ni said:
the thing is tho, i want to get it new due to travel, it needs to hold up good and sound nice too.
Get a good quality used kit, save yourself 30-50%, then buy good cases and be careful with it. New kits scratch just as easily as used kits. :p

Joshua6393

yeah, my pearl kit was 3 years old and there isnt a mark on it! Its in brand new condition!
I really would'nt go for new!