Which set

The19thHole

Which set should i put at friends house (which is going to be our permanent practice place from now on). Should i put my beater kit there or my good kit? We may do recordings and such at his house.

The19thHole":1p1z7m22 said:
Which set should i put at friends house (which is going to be our permanent practice place from now on). Should i put my beater kit there or my good kit? We may do recordings and such at his house.
good set at friend`s only if you feel it is a safe enviroment though. that way, always getting a good sound/recording and you have earned the good kit... use it!

I just built a new kit and my goal was to keep it tucked away and ready for shows, tuned up etc and ready to go. That way there's no tear down, set up, tear down and set up after every show..

You just set it up once and tear down, tuck it away and tune it before the next show..

I say keep your old kit in the practice space with your new bass drum set up to keep the right feel for your feet and keep your new kit ready to go for shows.

If you need to record, just like the other guy said, bring the new one over to the practice pad and set it up..
Hope it helped and have a good one man.

Go check out "Domination Storm" Dallas Tx 12th October if you get a chance.
Peace.

quikstang2

I agree. Keep the good one safe and only use it when you need to sound good.

I've found that even your best friends can't be trusted with a drum set. They just don't understand.

screamkevin

Put the beater kit there, and cart in the good one for recording. There's no sense in using your "baby" for practice and getting dust and stuff all over it. Take care of it! :)