Which one I should buy?

drummer_egemen

Hi,

I'm going to buy snare drum. But i can't decide yet. I have 2 choice,
one of them PEARL CHAD SMİTH signature, the other one is YAMAHA STAGE CUSTOM WOOD SHELL. My band playing alternative and hard-rock like Audioslave, Kiss, AC/DC, ... Help me!.. Thanks...

loop

I'd go for the Chad Smith snare. It's crafted very well and you can tune it to sound really good. As a metal snare it'll be perfect for hard rock applications :) Yamaha SC isn't that good(not bad either)

Dale

I've not played the Yamaha, but believe it is a second line drum. The Chad Smith snare however is a full professional series drum. I've played one at the drum shop and found that it had a great crack with plenty of depth. The snare sensitivity worked well playing press rolls and the overall sound of the drum was excellent.

I only played it how it was tuned in the shop. I've no experience fooling around with the tuning, but suspect it has a wide tuning range. It's also become a very popular snare with customers. Many have sold.

I've also seen comments by bass players on a bass forum and they were all favourable. One bass player commented that it was the loudest snare he'd heard.

loop

drummer_egemen":1xagh02v said:
Thanks... I'm going to buy chad smith sign. snare this sunday..

Good choice! Make sure you share your opinions on it with us :)

paul89

Of course Chad Smith is better than Yamaha Stage Custom :) If I were u I would buy chad smith sign. Moreover it's higher class than Stage Custom.