which kit?

Krisch

I'm mainly a rock drummer. I like wet and punchy toms, a thud of a bass drum, and high, cutting snare. i do alot of double bass beats like 16th notes at about 145bpm.

Which kit would you reccommend me, within the price range of say 1000 of my english pounds. I'm thinking Tama?

drummert2k

tama's good. i have a Ludwig accent custom cs and with a pinstripe tom batters, remo power sonic kick batter, and a port in the reso i am VERY happy with it. all birch shells, tons of body, great boom. although i'd recommend trying to buy the shell pack (kick, 10 inch tom, 12 inch tom and 16 inch tom) and then buy a differant upgraded snare drum.

heres a link to the sizes i have. its the fusion. still has an 18x22 kick but 10 and 12 inch rack toms.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/prod...-Fusion-Plus-5Piece-Satin-Drum-Set?sku=447709

Krisch

those rack toms look a little "shallow". Do they give you that depth and projection that is quentessential to most rock drumming?

drummert2k

Krisch":3iibov9x said:
those rack toms look a little "shallow". Do they give you that depth and projection that is quentessential to most rock drumming?
yeah, its the same idea as dw's "fast toms". i have pinstripes on mine and get really warm really boomin low end. even the 10 inch sounds really good with a double ply head on it.

they have a model with the standard tom depths. i just likes the 10 inch tom and shallow drums.

you can hear them on my one bands myspace. i know its in the studio and a lot of tweaking goes on but it'll give you an idea of the low end and thump possible. http://www.myspace.com/faithuntilfalling

Krisch

Your band sound pretty good, as do the drums. the snare sounds pretty sweet. what make is that?

drummert2k

Krisch":32jmco3a said:
Your band sound pretty good, as do the drums. the snare sounds pretty sweet. what make is that?
thanks, not really the genre i like to listen to but when you're the one in the band you tend to enjoy it more.

the snare is a dw piccolo. and not to sound retarded but im not sure of the actually line of drum it is. i vought it used. but its a 14x4 piccolo. has a super huge sound for a piccolo

phil-drummer

get a vinnie paul style set up 14" 15" toms and 18" floor tom,(all sqaure sizes) 2 24x18's, i think it mite cost a lil bit more than a grand and ud probly get a better sound out of 2 22x18's or even 2 20"s but hey , go for what you fancy , dotn forget to consider the skins you use , pinstriped skins are good for that deep thuddy rock sound ,

lowdrummer

it souns like you described Jason BItners drums from Shadows Fall, you definatley want to go with a tama starclassic birch kit.