Which kit to buy?

desmond-

hey dudes.. i've been wanting to buy a new set of drums.. my first set.. but couldnt really decide what brand to buy. Been seeing stuff like Gretsch or Taye, they look really nice but dont know how they sound. I was actually quite interested in the pearl vision VLX, but after reading a few forums i still cannot decide on what kinda kit i shud get. are there actually some brands that are good for pros and beginners alike? and does any1 noe other info about other brands etc? ANY suggestions will be greatly appreciated.. cheers! :)

SHOGUNWARRIOR32

desmond-":3igf2xg9 said:
hey dudes.. i've been wanting to buy a new set of drums.. my first set.. but couldnt really decide what brand to buy. Been seeing stuff like Gretsch or Taye, they look really nice but dont know how they sound. I was actually quite interested in the pearl vision VLX, but after reading a few forums i still cannot decide on what kinda kit i shud get. are there actually some brands that are good for pros and beginners alike? and does any1 noe other info about other brands etc? ANY suggestions will be greatly appreciated.. cheers! :)
Kind of a vague question.. if you're looking for value and quality..if you're on a tight budget..i would suggest finding a guitar center who has a gretch kit set up and bang on em.... they have great affordable kits and bundle packages... if money is no object..well.. the world's at your fingertips.. I've always been crazy about Yamaha..Oak or Stage Customs. Beautiful Kits.
Even Tama has some beautiful kits come out lately.

Shogun

SGarrett

Let's see... Pearl, Tama, Ludwig, Gretsch, Mapex, DDrum, Yamaha, and Pacific all offer entry to pro level kits.

Don't be overly concerned with brand because those are all quality drums. Do you want a wrap or lacquered finish? Which brands have the color options you want? Take a look at the tom mounting hardware and decide who's you like most. Look at the details so you can narrow your choices down. Never buy something just because someone else tells you it's a good idea. If you end up buying it, cool, but do it because you've done the research and made up your own mind. :)

NG1284

Yeah, it all depends on how much money you put into it. Look at the sets in your price range, and find which one you like best in terms of hardware and aesthetics.

Naomi McFadyen

desmond-":fnm1s6x8 said:
Been seeing stuff like Gretsch or Taye, they look really nice but dont know how they sound
then find a drum store and listen to them being played....

and as the wise SGarrett said, there's loads of makes that all offer entry to pro level kits.... and we all personally will have our favourites....

Won't push you into my thoughts.... but......

Pearl! Pearl! Pearl! Pearl! Pearl! Pearl! Pearl! Pearl! Pearl! Pearl! Pearl! Pearl! Pearl! Pearl!

;)
:eek:P