Which kick drum beater patch do you use?

meffajeffa

Which patch do you prefer to use on your kick drum to keep from getting dents in the batter head and which ones have you tired but disliked and why?

Also, what sound characteristics does your patch add/remove from the sound of your kick drum? Thanks in advance :)

meffajeffa

Scott_Hurford

i use remo's FALAM pad on my bass drum head, it gives a much cleaner sound and protects the drum head VERY WELL, i highly recommend them.

prl_drmer_08

I have an aquarian double kick pad on my main bass drum, and I have a Remo flam slam kick pad on my second bass head. When I get my new evans bass heads in, I'm switching to the evans kick pad.

Shalaq

I've used the falam slam and I prefer Evans patches. I used all of them. The clear one is my favourite for all around playing. AF patches are good for heavy stuff(especially with wooden beaters). The soft patch smoothens the attack for some jazz playing. Great patches.

mikeellis

I use Remo falams, I prefer Evans, but the Remos are easier to get here (plus I seem to have loads of them from various sources). I usually put one of the large pads on the head to over the print of two beaters and then two of the smallers ones where the beater actually hits. I find this gives the drum a lot more 'attack' without sacrificing the warmth and tone of the drum.

I use Bigfoot Impact (skull) beaters and I also have a pair of 'dice' beaters when an double extra powerful groove is needed!

Mike T

Doctor scholls foot pads stick on never come off and last as long as the head and cost about 1/4 of the evans,remos..

Will

I use a clear Evans as it doesnt change the sound as much as say the felt one or a Danmar!

Apparently the most durable are the Aquarians.