Which double bass pedal for $300?

Mcrp

I need your help.

I want to buy double bass pedal. My budget is around $300.

I thought about Mapex Janus JNSP 7500L.

What do you think about it?

Greg

I recommend DW 7002

In my opinion DW make the best duble bass pedals.

You can find DW 7002 for $199 (ex. on eBay - click).

tjwicklu

Sorry bud, I don't know anything about the Janus, but I use an Iron Cobra Power Glide and I freaking love it. DW pedals are sweet but they move a little too easily for my taste. Cobras are smooth as hell but have some resistance to them. I would suggest playing any pedal before you buy it. So, if you go down and try out the Mapex pedal and you like it...buy it.

Shalaq

I would also go with the Cobras. I myself own a Power glide twin pedal and had no issues with it. Smooth and quiet. The felt beaters have a nice full punch.

Qbs

I would say try anything BUT Janus - IMO playing it is like driving a tank - slow, not fun and sucky ;)

loop

Well, I must say that I enjoyed playing Janus. It's sturdy, maybe a bit too heavy for my taste. Have you tried Pearl Eliminator? I think it is the best pedal available

m

since Axis is out of that price range (unless you found a REALLY good used price) I'd recommend the pearl Eliminator power-shifters too.

They'd be my #2 choice after Axis.

Carter

Go with Janus, man. It's really good pedal with many adjusting possibilities and a great feel. It's not too expensive as well!

loop

Elims are really smooth, but not TOO smooth as e.g. DW9000(in my opinion, of course:) ). They're really sturdy, durable, have the interchangeable cams (6 types). Don't forget that Pearl has a great client service

loop

There is also Pearl P-1002 which is really close to elims and cheaper at the same time. Check it!

Xybalba

well...i've used boyh the DW's and THe Iron Cobra,...and i gotta tell you that at first i hated the IC because i felt it was soooo heavy and i didn't had th feel of the DW...but after a few adjustments,...i couldn't be happier, ( this was all before it was stolen at a gig...)

now i cry over it when i think about it...

GuRu

I like this 'heavy' feel at Cobras. In the fact, it's not so heavy. Pedals works perfectly light but IC demands a bigger amount of an initial power to move it.