Which do you prefer?

Hack_and_Slash

Playing alone...or...jammin out with a band or friends.

I haven't had the experience of playing with a full committed band but I recently jammed out with 2 of my friends for the first time. It was very fun and entertaining and I seriously think that playing alone is no where near as fun.

Rob the Drummer

Depends on my mood. Sometimes I love to jam with people. Sometimes I love to just mess around on my own. Sometimes I just don't feel like playing at all.

Hack_and_Slash

The only thing I don't like about playing with others is that you have to wait for the guitarist to come up with their next move. On the drums, you just think of what to play while going along. That's an extreme generalization though. Of course you want to think of how to make it better than just what feels right.

BillRayDrums

I need to get back into the fun of drums, sitting down and getting creative on my own without it being on a stage in front of people. My drums are my tools.

Yeah, I sorta miss the whole camraderie of hanging with drummers, talking drums. In person of course but for now, this will have to do. No time for other stuff!

Solix

Not really being able to play on my own for a while has made me realize how nice it is to be able to do so from time to time. Playing with a band is fun and all, but I come up with good ideas for grooves on my own that I can't just think up on the spot at practice.

screamkevin

I love it when I get the chance to play drums with other drummers. We have a "drum night" in the area once in a while, and it's a BLAST. I've had the opportunity to share the stage with RobTheDrummer, and we've had some good times doing that! It's great to sit down, start a groove, and have a conversation without words.